New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Controller not working

ArthanariArthanari Posts: 1
NerveGear
Guys my controller suddenly stopped working, am I missing anything here or is the device faulty, anyone else faced similar scenario?
Tagged:

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Can you try unpairing and pairing it again with the app? Can you try a new battery? The batteries should last a while but it's good to try just in case. Otherwise, please contact us. https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • DrWho88888DrWho88888 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    After just two days my Go controller has stopped working too. Well, in part. The buttons work but it's stuck in just one position in space and I can't point it anywhere. Also I can't reboot the main unit as the volume keys don't move the focus on the select button to reboot. How can I reboot otherwise ? Any help would be great as I'd rather not have to return the whole thing. I hope the price of this thing isn't being reflected in shoddy workmanship.....
  • ClassicGODClassicGOD Posts: 77
    Hiro Protagonist
    After just two days my Go controller has stopped working too. Well, in part. The buttons work but it's stuck in just one position in space and I can't point it anywhere. Also I can't reboot the main unit as the volume keys don't move the focus on the select button to reboot. How can I reboot otherwise ? Any help would be great as I'd rather not have to return the whole thing. I hope the price of this thing isn't being reflected in shoddy workmanship.....
    Remove battery from the controller - once Go looses connection to the controller you should be able to use volume buttons to select and point with the headset.
    The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    You can try unpairing and pairing the controller with the mobile app. Replacing batteries with fresh ones is a good idea. Worst case, you can try a factory reset to see if that helps (you will lose save game data and have to download everything again, though). Or you can contact us. We can replace controllers if that is the issue. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2018
    I also noticed that the controller unpairs itself, esp after a cold reboot of the GO, what fixes for me is if you hold the two buttons down for 20 seconds, it should repair and connect successfully, works for me every time.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • gamestressgamestress Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    This happened to me after I rebooted modem/router, possibly a coincidence but repairing the controller fixed it.
  • geebee666geebee666 Posts: 223
    Nexus 6
    When my controller stopped responding to movement I just held down the on/off button for say 20 seconds when it reboots everything works correctly without having to re pair the controller.
  • FieldOfVisionFieldOfVision Posts: 206 Oculus Start Member
    This has happened a few times. I agree I either reboot the device of re-pair the controller. As sometimes it says the controller is paired, but I can't see it or use it in the Go.

Check out our VR games here: www.FieldOf.Vision
  • FutureTronFutureTron Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    geebee666 said:
    When my controller stopped responding to movement I just held down the on/off button for say 20 seconds when it reboots everything works correctly without having to re pair the controller.
    My controller was unresponsive last night while watching a movie in Plex. 
    Removed the battery from the controller and put it back in; that didn’t solve the issue. 
    Was not able to use the volume rocker and my head to select the reboot for the Go either. 
    The only thing that fixed it was the above quoted steps I took. Hold down the power button for roughly 20 seconds. 
  • TMRWTMRW Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Having an issue.
    Controller won't do anything.
    It pairs on the app but that's about it.
    Have rebooted, reset, unpaired and paired and even tried the two buttons.

Any advice?
  • KalgoreKalgore Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    My controller has stopped working and I contacted the support people and they were simply uninterested  this was a Christmas gift and its barely been out a year and they wanted the purchase receipt I pointed out it was a gift and they just said we cant help you.....
    No support offered or given at all just provide the purchase receipt..

Probably the worst customer service ever I would not mind but I was under the impression that this had support and warrentee obviously not.
  • rad.hadirad.hadi Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    After update
    Having an issue.
    Controller won't do anything.
    It pairs on the app but that's about it.
    Have rebooted, reset, unpaired and paired and even tried the two buttons.
  • KittenLover15KittenLover15 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited September 8
    My controller isn't responding. The battery was low so I replaced it but it's still not responding. I rebooted the headset, I held down the two buttons, and I took out and reinserted the new battery. And when I put the battery in, the light that is supposed to blink, didn't. It won't even pair on the app. Nothing's broken as far as I can tell. Any help?