New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The OFFICIAL "Show your VR room" thread

RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,517 Valuable Player
I'll be happy to begin - it could be fun to see other VR rooms and get inspired! I hope there's not already a similar thread (I tried to search, didn't find any)

My wife doesn't think such equipment should be placed anywhere near the living rooms, thus I'm confined to the basement. The room isn't big, but I've tested it for some months, it works nicely for VR - even though I could use more room height, height is 7.2 feet. I have about 60 ft2 floor space. 

At least I got to use the sticker :-)

Two sensors on the desk - red circles (Guardian boundaries are aligned with desk edges):

Third sensor is more or less hidden on top of a tall mirror:

Got 33 ft white USB2 cable - so cables are invisible  B)

My son playing Mage's Tale:

Having VR gives my son a lot of street credit; sometimes I wonder if his friends come over to see him or to experience VR... :-)
Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

Comments

• geebee666geebee666 Posts: 198
    Art3mis
    My wife decided a long time ago if she wanted to ever see me then the PC would have to live in the lounge, so my desk has now sprouted a couple of sensors extended on 2 selfie sticks at full extension :)
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,824 Valuable Player
    I'm not going to post mine cos my room is a mess lol :blush: :D

Of course if @vannagirl agrees to marry me then I won't have to worry about that cos I'm sure she'll be happy to do my housework  :p
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,672 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    I'm not going to post mine cos my room is a mess lol :blush: :D

Of course if @vannagirl agrees to marry me then I won't have to worry about that cos I'm sure she'll be happy to do my housework  :p
    Ouch. Nice knowing ya.  :D :D
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,824 Valuable Player
    I'm pretty sure that she knows full well that a woman's place is in the home and that as she's reading this there isn't a single thought for a second about her running me over.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Scott_SharraScott_Sharra Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    edited May 2018
    Our gym / VR space.  One of these days, I'll need to paint those cords or something.  But this room is all about function.

• Scott_SharraScott_Sharra Posts: 12
    NerveGear

• SimonSays28SimonSays28 Posts: 578
    Neo
    The corner of my bedroom dedicated to gaming and video production.

No posters or anything on the wall - the two CDs are there for the picture and now safely back in the drawer. :tongue:

And yes the Rift does reach my bed - so I can watch movies in Bigscreen very comfortably.

Check out my band at http://theheavyjack3.bandcamp.com/ - our entire discography has been released for free download.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,517 Valuable Player
    The playseat looks awesome - perfect for Ground Runner: Trials - I guess  ;)

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"