New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Sensor setup up menu in dash 2.0 is now missing?

WordsmitheryWordsmithery Posts: 7
NerveGear
A feature I used all the time was running the sensor setup from within the dash 2.0 menu, by accessing settings, and then using the sensor setup check to adjust the headset from whether I was sitting (for skyrim) or standing (for most everthing else).

I can still access sensor setup from the windows app, by clicking devices and then accessing Sensor Setup from the drop down menu, then putting my mask back on and folowing the instructing in in the rift.... But that's really not as cool.

So why was it removed, and will it ever be put back again?

Comments

• WordsmitheryWordsmithery Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    No one missing this?
    NerveGear
    BUmp
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 4,699 Power Poster
    I never noticed it was there, I always use the Oculus App myself! :o
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,464 Volunteer Moderator
    I have to admit, I never knew you could do that from within the headset :|
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,369
    Project 2501
    Same here, always thought it had to be done from desktop.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
    NerveGear
    Blimey. I had no idea I was the only one using it.
    NerveGear
    So, can anyone from the OR Dev team make a comment on this please?
  • shiarishiari Posts: 191
    Art3mis
    So, can anyone from the OR Dev team make a comment on this please?
    This is a community forum, the OR "dev team" never posts on here so nope you won't get that comment.

If you want to make a feature suggestion, https://riftcorebeta.uservoice.com/ is your best bet. However, what you are doing (rerunning setup to adjust your position) isn't what they would recommend. Normally you'd reset position within the game you're running, and there should be no need for regularly recalibrating your setup as that's just for figuring out where your sensors are rather plus figuring out the best standing position.

For Skyrim VR the player height option should since 1.4 allow you to set it to a value that allows for playing in a seated position. Before 1.4 that was also possible, but required editing the config files.

• dburnedburne Posts: 1,369
    Project 2501
    Agreed, I have not re-ran sensor setup in many months. Tracking is rock solid.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
    NerveGear
    Okay, I will try and see if I can play without using this system.