cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVIDIA, NVIDIA, why art thou force 3D&Audio&PhysX Drivers we really don't need like the dark ages?

Anonymous
Not applicable
"..."?

Also why does WIN10 not trust your "updates" since 388.13 ?
9 REPLIES 9

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer
You could try ticking the 'custom install' option upon your next update and your woes will be gone.
Also...no problem with updates not being trusted by Win10 here.
When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.

Yep, no issues here, the Nvidia custom install remembers your ticked preferences too so it's as easy as they can make it. Never had trust issues either.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My point is who really needs those Drivers? They are given to us by default on each Standard Clean Install and also on Roll Back Video Driver. I just do not understand who is needing those for us to have to later clean up again!

LZoltowski
Champion
Strangely enough, I do need them, I use PhysX drivers for physics solving, and the audio driver is handy when outputting my GPU audio to the monitor via HDMI 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I always install Physx, because some games use it, and the audio drivers, so I have the option to use my monitor speakers. I always untick the 3D surround, and I agree that that feature is not used enough that it should be part of the standard driver distribution. Never had any problem with Windows 10 not trusting the install, though. 

Yep, no issues here, the Nvidia custom install remembers your ticked preferences too so it's as easy as they can make it. Never had trust issues either.

Really? It’s never remembered my Custom Install preferences. I’ve got a GeForce Experience account set up and everything, but I always have to deselect the 3D surround options. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

nalex66 said:

Really? It’s never remembered my Custom Install preferences. I’ve got a GeForce Experience account set up and everything, but I always have to deselect the 3D surround options. 

I'm pretty sure it's remembered my GefoForce Experience untick so I assumed it remembers the others, having said that it's entirely possible I'm remembering wrong and I'm doing the untick without thinking now.

It's a bit like leaving the house and locking the door. It's only when I'm 5 minutes away that I think, hang on, did I lock the door, must have done it without thinking... then I have to go back and check, only to go back & find that I did indeed lock it.

Possibly an age related issue.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

It's a bit like leaving the house and locking the door. It's only when I'm 5 minutes away that I think, hang on, did I lock the door, must have done it without thinking... then I have to go back and check, only to go back & find that I did indeed lock it.

Possibly an age related issue.

I do that too. My Autopilot is usually very effective, sometimes to the point that I have no memory of doing something. My wife, on the other hand, habitually tests the door three times immediately after locking it, then sometimes goes back for one more. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

I think I'm with your wife there nalex… wish my autopilot kept log files!

Anonymous
Not applicable
By "Also why does WIN10 not trust your "updates" since 388.13 ?" I am meaning why does a fresh install of WIN10 which itself is bang up to date this very month with a Patch to April's 1803 plus more Security Updates, yet it chooses an old Nvidia Driver 388.13 dated 27/10/2017 which is 6months old already and has a great many updates they don't seem to be trusting in giving us the very latest nor the one even Oculus (god of VR) has recommended. This is a worry if you are paranoid any Blackouts are due to current Drivers.