New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rift 1.26 Release Notes

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,859 Oculus Staff
Heads up! The latest Rift SI version 1.26 is starting to roll out. This month's update brings Events to Rift! Events are a new way for you to discover and join public events, such as tournaments, meet ups and concerts. Bigscreen, Settlers of Catan, and Brass Tactics are just a few of the titles hosting events over the coming month, so keep an eye out! You can still share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool. 
  • Events:
    • You can now discover public events on Rift, such as tournaments, social gatherings, and free weekends. Browse and subscribe to events via the Oculus desktop app. Once subscribed you'll receive a desktop notification when it's time to jump in and join the fun.
    • Developers can submit and schedule events for their apps and games through the Developer Dashboard.
  • Library:
    • You can now hide and unhide applications in the the Oculus desktop app.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta:
    • Added improvements to Oculus Desktop usability in Dash.
  • General:
    • Graphics: improved performance across all applications.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• karrtoonkarrtoon Posts: 116
    Art3mis
    edited May 23
    Looks good. If I could leave one bit of feedback it would be to allow us to move the regular mouse while in Dash. I notice that the mouse gets disabled when the desktop view is on. Sometimes I need access the the actual mouse for certain applications.

Edit: Nevermind it works, I didn't realize the mouse actually works. With the touch controllers on my lap they were still moving which disabled the mouse. When I lay them on the desk and they hold still for a few second the mouse starts working again.
  • gozugozu Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Thank you VERY much for adding the option to hide things. Been wanting that for years! :)
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,094 Power Poster
    Still no free locomotion as an option? :(
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,210
    Wintermute
    gozu said:
    Thank you VERY much for adding the option to hide things. Been wanting that for years! :)
    Pretty sure they have had that for quite a while now. 
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 302
    Trinity
    edited May 17
    So, 1.26 is out of Beta... and there's still the impossibility to launch games without Home! SteamVR games are now unplayable for me, as I have to run Oculus, SteamVR AND the actual game to play!!!
    Previous VR face :

My current config : HP Omen laptop, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5-7300HQ @2.5GHz + Nvidia GTX 1050 (2GB VRAM).

Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.
    - Art Software (Tilt Brush, Oculus Medium, Mocu Mocu Dance).
    - Cinema VR (Oculus Desktop or Virtual Desktop).

"You are allowed to kill only if you are prepared to die."
  • ruben.albafloresruben.albaflores Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    So, 1.26 is out of Beta... and there's still the impossibility to launch games without Home! SteamVR games are now unplayable for me, as I have to run Oculus, SteamVR AND the actual game to play!!!

Yes, for my es very important launch games without Home.

• KillinnKillinn Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Digikid1 said:
    gozu said:
    nope
  • TomatenmannTomatenmann Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited May 17
    They were actually aware that setting Oculus as admin won’t work with SteamVR after the beta and now they didn’t fix it in the final release. Pretty disappointing. And since 1.26 my 4k TV has problems to display the correct resolution, no matter if I set it to 1080p or 2160p.

I only use this for Skyrim VR and I could go up to 170 SS in SteamVR without ASW kicking with Home closed. Now with 1.26 Home and SteamVR both open I can only go up to 150 SS for a smooth experience.
  • StiggosaurusStiggosaurus Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    YES!  This really needs to be fixed, but I have a feeling it's intentional.  Thought I was losing it last night when I sat down to do a quick PCars 2 session, but ended up trying to troubleshoot why this wasn't working instead. 
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 193
    Art3mis
    So did i understood correctly, that we lost the ability to run SteamVR games without Oculus Home with the Admin Trick with this update???
    [email protected], Rog Strix 1080 a8g in range 139MHz-1974MHz, Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 2 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 cards.
    And i STILL want non-mandatory Home 2.0 and/or Dash
  • martin-tmartin-t Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hi,

after the 1.26 update, we've started to experience very strange artifacts with lighting and particle effects in our Unity VR experience. We're using Unity 2017.3.0, the built-in lighting (point lights) and built-in particle system. Every light now has a very strange camera-aligned semi-transparent quad around it and particles look like they are incorrectly blended and they have a similar quad around them as well. Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots as this behavior is visible only through Rift, everything looks fine on screen, I'll think about a way to capture it. This is happening both in editor and in a build and for new and old builds alike. PCs that are not yet updated to 1.26 don't suffer from this issue.

We are operating a large-scale location-based VR experience, so this is a critical impediment. All of the backpack PCs have already been updated and we simply can't charge our customers when the visuals are clearly broken. I'll try to provide more detailed information, but in the meantime, is there any immediate workaround? Can we roll-back to a previous Oculus version?

I can't stress enough how critical for us it is to resolve this issue fast.

Thanks,

Martin
    Wintermute
    Killinn said:
    Digikid1 said:
    gozu said:
    nope
    Yup
  • Calimero_OeufCalimero_Oeuf Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    "You can now hide and unhide applications in the the Oculus desktop app."
    Really ? I can't hide 3rd party app !

When will you release a version with messaging option ? I want to send message to my friends !!!!
    Ma configuration Oculus Rift + 3 capteurs et câbles longueur 5 mètres :
    Cable USB 3.0 en 5 mètres x4
    Cable HDMI en 5 mètres x1
    Répétiteur HDMI x1
    Hub USB 3.0 pour 1 ou 2 capteurs x1
    Hub USB alimenté pour le casque  x1

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 615
    Neo
    Digikid1 said:
    Killinn said:
    Digikid1 said:
    gozu said:
    nope
    Yup
    Nope
    First time for public release.
    The clue is in the OP................

• Library:

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    Wintermute
    Richooal said:
    Digikid1 said:
    Killinn said:
    Digikid1 said:
    gozu said:
    nope
    Yup
    Nope
    First time for public release.
    The clue is in the OP................

• Library:

You’re still wrong. I hid an app back last summer by accident. However back then once you hid an app it was almost impossible to UNHIDE it. I even made a topic on it and they CONFIRMED IT. 

So nice try. 
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 615
    Neo
    Digikid1 said:
     I even made a topic on it and they CONFIRMED IT. 

So nice try. 
    Link please, I'd like to read that.

Uninstalling, filtering installed/uninstalled apps, accidentally hiding by an unrepeatable method, and uninstalling 3rd party apps do not count as "hiding and unhiding"

@gozu was referring to an OPTION to hide and unhide apps in the Oculus desktop. This has not been available to us before.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    Wintermute
    Richooal said:
    Digikid1 said:
     I even made a topic on it and they CONFIRMED IT. 

So nice try. 
    Link please, I'd like to read that. 
    You know how to search. Feel free to do so. I will not search for others. 
    Trinity
    edited May 18
    @Digikid1 : You're wrong.
    I've had apps I wanted to hide since the very beginning, checked if it was possible whenever the Rift would update, and it never would be.
    You're confusing this function with the "3rd-party app removal" function. 3rd-party apps can be removed from the library, that's true ; but it wasn't possible to remove apps that you downloaded from the Oculus Store.
    As Richooal stated, Oculus wouldn't say it is now possible to do it if it were before...

-------
    YES!  This really needs to be fixed, but I have a feeling it's intentional.  Thought I was losing it last night when I sat down to do a quick PCars 2 session, but ended up trying to troubleshoot why this wasn't working instead. 
    @Stiggosaurus : This is the sad truth of the PC world xD! I also have to spend a lot of time troubleshooting, like "why has it become so slow, is it because of Windows update or NVidia drivers?", or "why are the FPS so low in this game, is it not optimized or does it come from my side?". It can be hell xD.
    It's even worse in VR because you get ready, you put your headset on, launch the game, and then you realize it won't work and you have to put the headset off...
    Hopefully standalone HMDs like Santa Cruz won't have this sort of problem.
    Previous VR face :

My current config : HP Omen laptop, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5-7300HQ @2.5GHz + Nvidia GTX 1050 (2GB VRAM).

Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.

• MPiresMPires Posts: 66
    Brain Burst
    + 1
  • Doum76Doum76 Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    Awesome, keep up the good work!
  • john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    And again another update most of steam apps have vanished.
    Still no simple way to launch steam apps with options from oculus home.
    Trinity
    Okay, so Oculus Support told me the problem comes from the fact that my computer is not officially Oculus Ready. Of course, that's why the problem appeared right after the latest update and never occurred before...
    *Sigh* Well, does anyone with an official VR-Ready PC have the SteamVR problem? Just to give them a proof that it is not a compatibility issue.
    Previous VR face :

Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.

• Calimero_OeufCalimero_Oeuf Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    With this new version, my dual screen wallpaper is totally screwed up !!!
    I saw you change the position of virtual Oculus screen in win10 monitor setup (monitor 1)

I want to put back monitor 1 corresponding to Oculus Rift to the bottom right

but every time I apply the monitor goes to the upper right !!!

Please fix it or add a way to disable this f*** virtual screen like in Win7
    Ma configuration Oculus Rift + 3 capteurs et câbles longueur 5 mètres :
    Cable USB 3.0 en 5 mètres x4
    Cable HDMI en 5 mètres x1
    Répétiteur HDMI x1
    Hub USB 3.0 pour 1 ou 2 capteurs x1
    Hub USB alimenté pour le casque  x1

• GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 70
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 19
    Okay, so I understand you guys use a virtual monitor to make the Desktop work in Dash.

I have three reasons to not be okay with this.

First off, for the most simple problem:
    Virtual Monitor works like a second monitor, so I lose my mouse if I bring it to the right of the screen.
    Therein lies not the problem.

The problem is, there's some applications I use that rely on being fullscreen to prevent the mouse from just clicking off of them and putting the game out of focus (OverLoad)

My mouse goes to the second screen, and I end up not being able to control my game.

Secondly, Virtual Monitor relies on Windows to do its job properly, because Windows is the one dictating monitor priority.
    From what I understand, this is an issue because if the priority is wrong, Dash Keyboard doesn't function. 
    This is still a problem. Please fix the bloody keyboard.

Thirdly, it's possible to outright disable the virtual monitor, which I did at one point.
    This is an issue, because it prevents you from properly using your desktop to actually re-enable it when Dash is on.

I had to go into my registry and remove all the entries related to NV23EDD in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/GraphicsDrivers/Configuration and
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/GraphicsDrivers/Connectivity!

And this took bloody forever to find and fix, because I wasn't thinking about using tactics for multimonitor resetting, I was just trying to get a bloody monitor re-enabled when it doesn't exist!

In fact, to even reach the related keys, I had to go into Device Manager, to tell it to show hidden devices before refreshing RegEdit!

Do note that I would have never even attempted disabling Virtual Monitor were the bloody Dash Keyboard functioning!

Ah, while I'm at it. Would it be possible to have more in-depth logs, for those who want to sift through them?
    I'm personally always curious as to how vague things like performance improvement are achieved, and which bugs are fixed
  • GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 70
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 19
    New issue:
    Oculus Dash says that it has encountered a fatal error, that it'll restart when I press any button.
    It restarts.

It has a fatal error again.

It's a fatal error loop.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Edit:
    I've done some testing.

Re-enabling Home2 has fixed the problem.

This was not an issue prior to this update.
    I could use Dash just fine, minus keyboard, whilst forcing Home2 to not function.

This is a bigger cockblock than when 2EyeGuy tried to boycott Rift on Dolphin VR!

What is the reason behind this clearly artificial block?
  • SeyijiSeyiji Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited May 25
    I spent the last 2 days trying to figure out why I have a black screen in the rift and it turns out this is the issue when trying to play VR games via SteamVR. Thanks for making my waste my time troubleshooting what used to be a non existent issue oculus devs :|

• polstaxpolstax Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Great Stuff, keep the good job up!!

Trinity
    @Seyiji : Hey, can you give us your config? Have you got a desktop PC or a laptop? Is it VR-ready (it is if you don't get that annoying message "your pc does not meet the requirements[...]" when you turn the Rift on ^^).
    Oculus Support told me the problem could come from compatibility issue. So I am looking for someone who does have a VR-ready PC to prove them wrong ^^.
    Previous VR face :

Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.

• SeyijiSeyiji Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited May 25
    @Seyiji : Hey, can you give us your config? Have you got a desktop PC or a laptop? Is it VR-ready (it is if you don't get that annoying message "your pc does not meet the requirements[...]" when you turn the Rift on ^^).
    Oculus Support told me the problem could come from compatibility issue. So I am looking for someone who does have a VR-ready PC to prove them wrong ^^.
    I don't know what you mean by settings I just launch Oculus app (version 1.26 with Rift Core 2.0 beta checked) and then fire up SteamVR and it loads in fine. Before 1.26 I didnt need the oculus app running. If there is other settings you need just ask.

I have a Desktop I built myself.
    Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5 Ghz
    16 GB DDR4 Ram
    Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX 580 XTR 8GB
    Trinity
    @Seyiji :
    Thanks, that's what we needed ^^.
    Are you 100% sure it is "Oculus Ready"? To be sure, run their compatibility check tool (which you can find here : https://support.oculus.com/1357437467617798/ ).
    If the software shows that everything is fine, could you make this manipulation :
    1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
    2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    3. Select ‘Get All Logs’.
    4. Wait for the log collection to finish. 
    5. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
    6. Send me the zip file (perhaps put it on Google Drive and send me the link).
    I will contact Oculus Support with those logs, with those they may be able to detect the cause of this problem.
    Previous VR face :

Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.