Having some trouble with my Rift. Looking for some help — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Having some trouble with my Rift. Looking for some help

TheBigGGTheBigGG Posts: 3
NerveGear
I am having some what i believe are tracking problems with my rift. I was hoping someone with more insight could help me out.
Here's a list of problems I've been having:
  • Tracking lost, screen freezes, but sound continues playing. After a sec or 2, everything is back to normal
  • Tracking lost, screen goes dark, sound stops. After a sec or 2, screen and sound comes back on, but screen flickers, and tracking puts me in the ground. Restarting home fixes this.
  • Notification shows HDMI was disconnected
  • Rift status shows "too many lost IMU samples" but only for a sec
  • Rarely, the rift completely turns off, and only restarting my computer turns this back on
  • Rarely, one of my sensors will have the status "general device problem calldriver request failed". Unplugging and re-plugging fixes this
  • Popping in audio
I would get these errors every once in a while in the past. In the past couple weeks, they have become so frequent, I can't play anything.
If it helps, my core parts are: Ryzen 1600; MSI X370 gaming pro carbon; MSI GTX 970

Best Answers

• TheBigGGTheBigGG Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Accepted Answer
    I tried that out. I had my rift on its own controller, and the sensors on the others. I also got a new hdmi extension cable. These two things seemed to have made the errors much more rare. Thank you for the advise.

Answers

• TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    Have you tried moving the Rift's USB plug to a different port?  Maybe one on a USB controller that isn't shared by anything else?
  • TheBigGGTheBigGG Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    My mobo has 3 controllers. I have a sensor on each, and the rift with one of them. Would it be better to have 2 sensors on a controller, and the rift by itself?