New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rift sensors not working

ManaBlueManaBlue Posts: 7
NerveGear
Hi, I recently bought a third sensor after playing fine for about a year now. 

However ever since I first connected my third sensor for some crazy reason the new sensor and one of the old ones stopped working

On my oculus setup I only see one, if I try to plug the others to that one's usb port they still don't show  if I move it to other ports it always shows. 

I don't know what to do..  I tried running the driver I tried uninstalling rift entirely and reinstalling it but nothing helps...

Comments

• ManaBlueManaBlue Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I tried unistalling the rift sensor hardware driver directly, windows told me to restart I did and.... the setup saw 2 sensors (out of 3 but progress ) and then..  setup demanded I let it update my drivers, I did and it couldn't find them again.

ideas?? 
    NerveGear
    edited May 15
    lots of tweaking restarting and removal of previously working USB extenders later it finally sees all 3... and fails a screen later screaming 2 of them have a general device error 8010..
    Why must rift hate me so?

They all light up  what is this error?? 
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,167 Poster of the Week
    If you unplug one of them do the other two show up again?  Do you have them all on the same or different USB channels?
  • 1Jobe1Jobe Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    I thought all was over when my Rift reinstall suddenly did not recognize a few sensors. When I was at my wits end, about to throw in the towel.
    Suddenly an Oculus popup chimed in saying there was a small update I would get. Sure whatever I thought,  and low and behold the sensors were after that , seen by the system. I don't know how it knew. But glad something helped.
    NerveGear
    So good news is..  2 sensors now detected and working again by literally magic.

Bad news is..  they are across from each other, one was supposed to serve as the back sensor... the third sensor is now completely utterly undetected by windows nor rift because.   reasons..  and is one of the 2 that I was already using  

I tried shifting usb ports, the working ones keep working regardless of port the third doesn't show up even with both others disconnected . 

you'll notice I keep facing a different issue every few hours... I feel something isn't right but I don't know what's the real cause of this madness...
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,167 Poster of the Week
    ManaBlue said:
    you'll notice I keep facing a different issue every few hours... I feel something isn't right but I don't know what's the real cause of this madness...
    Another thing that might be causing you problems.  The USB extenders.  They never make things better, especially if they're passive, not active.
    NerveGear
    TwoHedWlf said:
    ManaBlue said:
    Another thing that might be causing you problems.  The USB extenders.  They never make things better, especially if they're passive, not active.
    Absolutely so I tried to remove them...
    And indeed 2 were causing issues however right now the only sensor that isn't detected at all is closest one to the pc hence it never even needed an extender..

Of course for laughs and giggles I tried to reverse psychology it and give it one anyway but it still insists that it doesn't exist, I expected Windows to at least claim it's an unrecognised device but just nothing....