New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Go controller freeze (troubleshooting)

Vannho18Vannho18 Posts: 4
NerveGear
Yesterday, the controller freeze, so I try to reboot the viewer, I push the on/off button few seconds & just show a prompt to cancel-restart-turnoff, but I couldn't move the pointer, it said that you can use the volume button to select but they don't respond..
after a while I make a looong press of the on/off button during -i don't remember- maybe 20 seconds o more & the oculus go turn off completely , when it started again the controller works OK.
I post this in case some else has this issue, because there is not a troubleshooting about it.

Comments

• VinohVinoh Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    Same problem here several times in the past few days after a couple of weeks with no problem.
  • PickleschlitzPickleschlitz Posts: 81
    Hiro Protagonist
    Take the battery out of the controller and then put it back in. It will fix it.
  • Vannho18Vannho18 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    stephenworth remove the battery & put it back was the first thing I did, it didn't work on my case..txs
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 16
    Did you try forgetting the controller in the phone app and relinking it? If it never comes back, something in the controller must be broken
  • PixelfoxPixelfox Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    I've never had battery cycling the controller do anything. Only a full power off/on seems to fix it when the controller becomes partially inoperable (buttons work but gyros don't, etc.). So far it's only been on wake that it gets messed up. It has never failed while in use.
    Hiro Protagonist
    I've had it freeze and be fixed by pulling the battery and putting it back again. And I've had it freeze where I had to unpair it in the phone app and relink it.
  • JustBob12JustBob12 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    This happened to me yesterday and I did what the OP did. But thanks for the battery tip, much simpler!
  • voxelmaniamvoxelmaniam Posts: 125
    Art3mis
    edited May 18
    I've had it freeze and be fixed by pulling the battery and putting it back again. And I've had it freeze where I had to unpair it in the phone app and relink it.
    Dittos,. Also, supposedly you can restart the controller by holding down both the Back and Oculus buttons for several seconds.
    A voxel is a three dimensional pixel!
    Murray Foster
    Hiro Protagonist
    Did you try disconnecting and reconnecting using the phone app?
  • voxelmaniamvoxelmaniam Posts: 125
    Art3mis
    Also be sure to do a full power down restart of the Go. Early on I had one occasion where I had to do the whole delete controller in the mobile app thing but so far it has been golden.
    A voxel is a three dimensional pixel!
    Murray Foster
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,400 Oculus Staff
    edited May 18
    Try to unpair and pair the controller using the phone app. You can also hold down both the back and Oculus buttons for around 5 - 10 seconds to force a pair.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • thyecheanthyechean Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    edited May 21
    Found solution: long press the power button until it shut down. Then restart the Go and it will work again.
  • desivdesiv Posts: 132
    Art3mis
    Just had this happen for the first time (only had my Go about a week).  Rebooting (long press of the power button) of the Go fixed it.
    I tried removing the battery in the controller, home and back on the controller, etc.  Soft powered the Go down and back. Didn't matter.
    Full reboot of the Go fixed it.