New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

I want there to be Oculus Plus

SaffieyahSaffieyah Posts: 79
Hiro Protagonist
Dear all,

I hope all is well.

I have an idea for Oculus and its called Oculus Plus.

Imagine viewing photo's and unseen video footage made by superstars in Hollywood or Bollywood and actors and actresses here in UK.  All they have to do is name a price for the photo's and video's and fans pay up, log into the computer, make a payment and view with a head gear which is tagged with a finger and thumb print code access so that no fan can share head gears.  The thumb print and finger print access ensures that head gears are sold for one person only and there is no sharing between fans of popstars.  This is so that pop stars can generate their finances by being part of Oculus. 

Yours faithfully,

Saffieyah Maeysons

From Cardiff, United Kingdom 
Be moral, be ethical and live life to the maximum. 

Comments

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,371
    3Jane
    Interesting, although I would think something more interesting would be for stars to wear 360 cameras and share that  with GO / gear users as VR reality TV.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 10,534 Power Poster
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • SaffieyahSaffieyah Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thank you for your replies. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    Dear Luciferous, 

I love your idea.  If only it was possible for Oculus VR to do this than that would be great.  They are in touch with super stars all over the world.  Imagine how many people Mark Zuckerberg knows. He would be idea to promote Oculus Plus to such profile of people. 
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 1,308
    Wintermute
    edited May 16
    Definitely not for me!

btw - I was born in Cardiff ;)

I'm an old duffer - give me a break!

Hiro Protagonist
    That's great news.  Where in Cardiff was your birth?
  • EvogaEvoga Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    Saffieyah said:
    I guess Heath Hospital.  Was I wrong?
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 4,645 Volunteer Moderator
    Welcome to the forums, I have merged both threads as they were the same topic.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 426
    Trinity
    not really into hero worshipping pointless celebraties  so its deffo not an app that would appeal to me alas.
    not really into hero worshipping pointless celebraties  so its deffo not an app that would appeal to me alas.

I can think of a few I'd like to "worship"
    :*
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 3,904 Power Poster
    Brixmis said:
    Definitely not for me!

btw - I was born in Cardiff ;)

Must...resist....mus-

Baaaaaaaaah!!!

Oh.

Bugger.

That resistance didn't last long! :p :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    Wintermute
    Saffieyah said:
    Newport Road. My old man was based at RAF St Athan at the time - 1965

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 3,853 Valuable Player
    Ahhh my first camp. Training to be an MT driver early '84 ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator is coming !!!!! (In Beta)
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 3,945 Poster of the Week
    I'm a bit confused who gets the money? The celebrates get even richer then they already are? 
    Hiro Protagonist
    Dear RedRizla, I am going to call it Fanbase VR as its all about fans using the head gear. The company generates revenue for the stars.  Yes, they get richer and that is the whole point of the company to make people rich whilst the company gets rich with them because we would receive commission from the stars. 
    Wintermute
    Techy111 said:
    Personally, I'd have kept that quiet... :p

• edmgedmg Posts: 1,062
    Wintermute
    Interesting, although I would think something more interesting would be for stars to wear 360 cameras and share that  with GO / gear users as VR reality TV.
    The one thing that's pretty much guaranteed to make me motion-sick in VR is watching a 360 recording where someone is carrying a camera around with them.

A drone following them with a stabilized 360 camera, maybe...
  • Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 426
    Trinity

• cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 838
    3Jane
    Saffieyah said:
    Dear all,

I hope all is well.

I have an idea for Oculus and its called Oculus Plus.

Imagine viewing photo's and unseen video footage made by superstars in Hollywood or Bollywood and actors and actresses here in UK.  All they have to do is name a price for the photo's and video's and fans pay up, log into the computer, make a payment and view with a head gear which is tagged with a finger and thumb print code access so that no fan can share head gears.  The thumb print and finger print access ensures that head gears are sold for one person only and there is no sharing between fans of popstars.  This is so that pop stars can generate their finances by being part of Oculus. 

Yours faithfully,

Saffieyah Maeysons

From Cardiff, United Kingdom 

The name Oculus Plus to me sounds like a special, deluxe kind of HMD, but what you’re talking about sounds like a special kind of pay per view service. Both things will eventually happen—as technology marches on, the hardware will keep getting better and better, and as bandwidth increases, streaming stereoscopic 360 degree video will become increasingly popular. Maybe all this will happen in the upcoming 5G era, who knows?
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 570
    Neo

Genius!!!!  What he said!!!
  • burning.airlinesburning.airlines Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    Saffieyah said:
    Imagine viewing photo's and unseen video footage made by superstars in Hollywood or Bollywood and actors and actresses here in UK.  All they have to do is name a price for the photo's and video's and fans pay up, log into the computer, make a payment and view with a head gear which is tagged with a finger and thumb print code access so that no fan can share head gears.
    I don't really understand who is paying whom for what.  The superstar names a price for a photo or video and a fan pays them for it?  What is being photographed?  The superstar's weetabix?
    Hiro Protagonist
    Dear Burning Airlines, 

They are personal photo's cherished for a long time in a star life.  They could be baby photo's never been viewed or displayed by magazines.  The Royal family releasing their secret honeymoon clips and photo's; that sort of thing. Let me know if you still find it confusing and I will explain further. 

Hiro Protagonist
    Dear Cybernettr,

Thank you for your comments. 
    There is already a concept in the works that brings Rift owners closer to Hollywood stars:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/64513/rift-owners-2019-new-oculus-immersive-theater-with-real-actors/p1
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 3,904 Power Poster
    I think it would be pretty good, this way I can earn some money from the saucy photos I took of @vannagirl a while back when she was sleeping and I was living under her crawlspace. B)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,082 Valuable Player
    Techy111 said:

I met a Driver Driver at Leconfield many years ago.

And i knew a Sergeant Sargent!   

And an honourable mention must go to my mate, Q Ball.    :D

• vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,700 Valuable Player
    This thread

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
This discussion has been closed.