cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wanted to play with Oculus Touch on my Laptop

ProRox
Sightseer
So, I wanted to play with my Oculus Rift Touch on my Laptop everything was ok the only thing was my graphic card didn't met the minimum requirements so, I plugged everything in and then it said it didn't find the plugged in hdmi cable so I googled for a solution but found only things for a normal PC I hope that somebody can help me with my problem I would appreciate it.
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your Laptop is i5 or i7 with 16GB RAM then you may be able to add an external Graphics Card either in a ready box form or to use in a PCIe case. If it's a Xeon Duo Core then forget it. If you want to avoid the SSE4.2 checks to force it to install and test then use this old Runtime Install (2nd post with first dropbox link) : -
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4qjmju/installer_hack_bypassing_sse_42_support_on_dk2/

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

ProRox said:

So, I wanted to play with my Oculus Rift Touch on my Laptop everything was ok the only thing was my graphic card didn't met the minimum requirements so, I plugged everything in and then it said it didn't find the plugged in hdmi cable so I googled for a solution but found only things for a normal PC I hope that somebody can help me with my problem I would appreciate it.

Letting us know what laptop you have might help, but there's a reason most laptops are incompatible with the Rift, it's because they use Optimus which hardwires the video through the motherboard interociter circuit and plasma conduits and...IT DOESN'T WORK.  Hence the compatibility check saying your graphics card doesn't meet the requirements.

Get a better laptop that's VR Ready or better get a decent PC.