New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

How do you set a profile photo

declantmdeclantm Posts: 15
NerveGear
Hi,
I am wondering how to set a profile photo? I am able to create an avatar without any problems but I'm not able to create a profile photo.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• FieldOfVisionFieldOfVision Posts: 201 Oculus Start Member
    The profile picture you see in your Oculus Go is the profile picture from your Oculus account that you logged in with. You can change it on the Oculus website here. Click on you profile name at the top of this page, and then hover over your profile image and click Change Picture.

Check out our latest VR exclusive games from www.FieldOf.Vision
  • declantmdeclantm Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Thanks for the reply. I went to the Oculus.com website and clicked on the icon in the top right corner and then i clicked on My Profile. I couldn't find a profile image on that webpage.

I then did the same thing on this forums website and changed the profile picture but it hasn't changed the profile picture on my Oculus Go. Maybe I need to wait a while before it propagates through the network.

• declantmdeclantm Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Perfect, that worked :)
    Thanks folks for all your replies.
  • desivdesiv Posts: 133
    Art3mis
    edited May 17
    declantm said:
    Just for clarification...
    Which solution proposed worked?  ;-)

Ah!  I think I see it.  It was the Rift app install option.
    It threw me off because the messages showed up out of order (I am assuming because they were "accepted answers" and popped to the top.). 

Thanx!
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
    desiv said:
    declantm said:
    Just for clarification...
    Which solution proposed worked?  ;-)

Ah!  I think I see it.  It was the Rift app install option.
    It threw me off because the messages showed up out of order (I am assuming because they were "accepted answers" and popped to the top.). 

Thanx!
    Yes, Accepted Answers float to the top so they are easier to find :)
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Right now, the only way to change the avatar image is through the Oculus Windows app, or the Gear VR app. Currently the website and Oculus Go companion app do not have this feature. However, we are looking into it for the future. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • rxwotrxwot Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Any update on being able to change profile photo from the Oculus app or website?  Spent way too long looking for this feature to realize it can only be done from Gear VR app or 4GB Oculus Windows application...  the Gear VR app is no longer listed in app store or Samsung apps and I'm not about to download 4GB to add a photo to my account.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    We are still looking into this, but right now the Oculus desktop app is the only way. The Gear VR Oculus app was never in the Play Store, it is only available when docking your Samsung phone into a Gear VR.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • pepsicola82pepsicola82 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 6
    I have the Go and can‘t change the photo from what it originally synced from Facebook! I don’t have a f#§%&g windows machine or android smartphone! Please update the iOS app to include this really basic functionality. I feel like a beta tester... 
  • BrainloginBrainlogin Posts: 57
    Brain Burst
    Ha! This is funny because I set my profile pic to something about a year ago when it was still possible (I never had the desktop app), but I see rules have now changed and I can't set it any more from either my Oculus dashboard or the mobile app.
  • HomeKrewHomeKrew Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited September 15
    It’s now mid September and we STILL cannot do this! What’s up with that? Seriously? As a retired Microsoft programmer can you please explain to me why this cannot be done? This for all intents and purposes should be straightforward and not time-expensive. It’s easy to spot GO users because they all have Blank Pics! Until you can figure all that out, can you at least REMOVE the Annoying Blank Pic Icon stuck to my Avatars chest? Please!!
  • TopGun-TopGun- Posts: 1
    NerveGear

Oct 4th 2018 STILL NO SOLUTION??

I don’t want to use my personal FB PHOTO for my GAMER profile photo   Geesh  

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Oculus Support.

At this time, there does not appear to be an option to edit your profile photo on the Oculus Go, the Oculus app on your phone, or through the website.

It's possible that this feature will be added in the future, so I would recommend you keep trying the app, and keep an eye on our blog. Sometimes when features are implemented, we post about it on the blog, which you can view by clicking here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,

Jayce
    Oculus Support

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
    TopGun- said:

Oct 4th 2018 STILL NO SOLUTION??

I don’t want to use my personal FB PHOTO for my GAMER profile photo   Geesh  

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Oculus Support.

At this time, there does not appear to be an option to edit your profile photo on the Oculus Go, the Oculus app on your phone, or through the website.

It's possible that this feature will be added in the future, so I would recommend you keep trying the app, and keep an eye on our blog. Sometimes when features are implemented, we post about it on the blog, which you can view by clicking here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,

Jayce
    Oculus Support

You can do it by downloading the Oculus Rift setup app, install the software (skip the hardware setup portion) then change it from there.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Darchangel3Darchangel3 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Uhm yeah.  I have a Mac desktop.
  • BrainloginBrainlogin Posts: 57
    Brain Burst
    I agree this is a joke. It doesn’t sound like a challenging UI dev task to fix this especially because it was possible in the past. Yet it’s been more than a year and no fix. 
  • mrphilipjoelmrphilipjoel Posts: 3
    NerveGear

You can do it by downloading the Oculus Rift setup app, install the software (skip the hardware setup portion) then change it from there.
    You can't even install the Rift app if you don't have the proper PC hardware requirements. I have a Windows PC, and it won't even let me install the app.