cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing dizzy spells - Water colour games and flamingo flying speed games

Saffieyah
Expert Protege
If we look at Beatrix Potter animations we will find that the colours used to make the films are light and wonderful. Perhaps those colours should be incorporated in video games so that we have our sensory in tune with the head gear.  Our sensory issues can be affected further with assaulting bright colours that the eyes are not used to and the speed for not getting headaches and spinning head should be at speed of birds.  What do you think Oculus Forum peeps?
Be moral, be ethical and live life to the maximum. 
3 REPLIES 3

LZoltowski
Champion
Headaches and dizziness are not because of colours or how fast the images are moving usually.

Motion sickness in VR happens when your visual input so eyes does not match the motion input .. your inner ears.

So in VR your brain is fooled visually that you are moving through a 3d space, therefore it expects your inner ear to report the same, if there is a disconnect between the two your brain think's it's poisoned, and tries to make you vomit to get rid of any toxins. This is similar to motion sickness in cars, boats, planes.

One other factor is also refresh rate, meaning how fast the frames are being shown on the displays, anything below 90 frames per second can also contribute to dizziness, in this case, the faster the better.

Most people experience VR sickness at the start, eventually, the brain adapts and you get more comfortable in the virtual world without feeling nauseous. 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Saffieyah
Expert Protege
Dear LZoltowski,

Thank you for your replies, they are much appreciated and thank you for educating me online.  I clearly have a lot to learn. 
Be moral, be ethical and live life to the maximum. 

LZoltowski
Champion

Saffieyah said:

Dear LZoltowski,

Thank you for your replies, they are much appreciated and thank you for educating me online.  I clearly have a lot to learn. 

You are most welcome 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂