cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure some Oculus Go with only one smartphone

pjsastre
Honored Guest
Dear all,
Can I configure some Oculus Go with only one smartphone?
It´s for a school, and I want to introduce VR technology.
And wich experiences do you recommend for a school?
Thank you very much,
Pedro :wink:
5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, you can pair multiple Gos to one phone. There may be a limit, though, I'm not sure of the exact number.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

pjsastre
Honored Guest
Hi,
Thank you very much cyberreality! 😉
The idea is to buy 40 oculus go (for 20+20: 2 classrooms), but we don´t know how many smartphones we will need.
So i´ll continue investigating it.
Many thanks,
Pedro

rupert
Protege
@pjsastre We are developing some software to support Go in the classroom. Let me know if you are interested in getting involved with the beta programme.

acdalton
Honored Guest
Good to know. We're considering the Go for library use, and it would be easier to only have one ipad for several headsets.

cybereality
Grand Champion
It's not really an intended use-case, most users will probably have 1 phone and 1 headset. But I know we have tested with a handful of headsets tied to a single phone and it worked fine. I don't know the exact number, but around 20 may be possible. Once you start getting really high, like several dozen, you may experience issues.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV