New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus GO sales numbers? (UPDATE)

14567810»

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Digikid1 said:
    Shouldn’t this be moved to the Oculus Go section?

Yes. Moved.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • OsoroshiiOsoroshii Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    With the official launch in Europe and Asia, what are the sales of the Go now?  
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Osoroshii said:
    Hard to tell at the moment, It's doing very well on Amazon but the google play app download counter moves in ranges, at the moment it's 100,000+ .. but it won't change until 500,000+ is achieved. This is not including ios obviously, for which there are no analytics.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,429 Valuable Player
    Osoroshii said:

I've checked recently and GO still hasn't fallen in to the next Android category yet (500,000). I imagine that it won't hit something like that until the end of the year.

I also feel like GO's sales may slow a bit between yesterday and today due to the Rift's discount on Amazon Prime. The Rift sold out the first day and if you look at Amazon's rankings, the Rift is up top (not to mention that the Top 5 VR Products are all Oculus products):

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • CongratulationsCongratulations Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    edited July 2018
    I think it's must be close to 1 million now or maybe higher?
    It would be nice to get something special on oculus go for the first million units sold. B)
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,429 Valuable Player
    Ilovethis said:
    It would be nice to get something special on oculus go for the first million units sold. B)

If I had to throw a dart on the dartboard and pick a number for "global GO sales." I would probably pick somewhere around half a million. That is including the Asian market version.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Zenbane said:
    Ilovethis said:

If I had to throw a dart on the dartboard and pick a number for "global GO sales." I would probably pick somewhere around half a million. That is including the Asian market version.

That is mighty impressive for a product that is still considered niche, that has not launched in the majority of the world yet (yes its available via oculus.com in 23 countries but in a large chunk of those not physical shops or online stores)  and has had zero marketing in the consumer channels.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,980 Valuable Player
    Business bundle has just gone on sale:

Designed for companies looking to deploy large numbers of headsets, each Oculus Go business bundle includes a 64GB headset, an international multi-prong wall charger, two facial interfaces, an extended commercial warranty, and dedicated support—all for just $299 USD each.

https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-go-business-bundle-now-available/

I look forward to seeing / wearing these at theme parks around the world.
  • FunKingFunKing Posts: 43
    Brain Burst
    edited September 2018
    The Oculus app has passed 500.000+ installs in the Play Store.
    (Oops! Now I've seen the new thread about it...)