cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO sales numbers? (UPDATE)

LZoltowski
Champion
So I have been keeping an eye on Oculus App Android downloads numbers, A week after launch it was at 10,000 now it's at 50,000 plus (this is not counting ios devices, damn you apple) .. I'm not saying that this is indicative of anything but nice to see it growing, esp that it has been out for only 2 and a half weeks and seems to be gaining buzz. (Not to mention increased number of new members on this forum, although I would not have expected huge numbers as Mainstreamers don't tend to hang in forums heh) Will be interesting to see numbers grow when the GO gets released in countries outside of the US (yes it's available at oculus.com) but it is nowhere to be found at other retailers, online or otherwise.

iyot0gycfe19.jpg

EDIT May 31st:

Now at 100,000
zk1m5a6m2fat.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
279 REPLIES 279

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, I can see it being the must-have present at Christmas. It's certainly at a very giftable price.

LZoltowski
Champion

snowdog said:

Yup, I can see it being the must-have present at Christmas. It's certainly at a very giftable price.

Oh yeah, definitely, ... it's actually a no-brainer for my sister, so that's what she's getting 🙂 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm buying one for at least 3 family members for Christmas.

We're looking good for my 2018 GO Prediction though!

LZoltowski
Champion

Zenbane said:

I'm buying one for at least 3 family members for Christmas.

We're looking good for my 2018 GO Prediction though!

The thing is I haven't seen any marketing from Oculus, no billboards, TV ads, etc ... I am hoping that once it has a wider availability they will start a bit of marketing. The potential for GO is huge here, to get into the hearts and minds of mainstream audiences, and then BOOM like a dealer going in 2019... "Hey there, you liked the GO, want some stronger stuff, well, do ya? ... Here is Santa Cruz .. untethered, MOAR powerful, 360 6dof freedom .. "

Notice that the Oculus mobile app is not called Oculus Go app 🙂

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Yessir. It's only been 17 days and we're at 50,000. Breaking 1 million this year should be easy. The second million will come in if there's big advertising. We shall see!

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

The thing is I haven't seen any marketing from Oculus, no billboards, TV ads, etc ... I am hoping that once it has a wider availability they will start a bit of marketing.

What! you stalking me!!
Just had this very discussion a few minutes ago with some exec's here at our FOIL conference.
Some felt that this might be because they are waiting for the holidays to drop the dime, while others thought the lack of PR was just a FB thing!
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

LZoltowski
Champion

kevinw729 said:

The thing is I haven't seen any marketing from Oculus, no billboards, TV ads, etc ... I am hoping that once it has a wider availability they will start a bit of marketing.

What! you stalking me!!
Just had this very discussion a few minutes ago with some exec's here at our FOIL conference.
Some felt that this might be because they are waiting for the holidays to drop the dime, while others thought the lack of PR was just a FB thing!

Heh, IM BEHIND YOU! 😉

I'm speculating here, but technically the GO is not really launched outside of the US yet, yes it's available on oculus.com but not other retailers or brick and mortar shops. Probably completely in my head, but If I was marketing, I would sort the Supply Chain first, make sure it's everywhere and then BOOM, do a kick-ass marketing campaign.

Be kind to one another 🙂

nrosko
Superstar
It depends if there is competition at christmas. I actually think 50k is a bit low? Normally release day is a peak as there is a backlog of customers waiting to buy it. Early days but I think it looks similar to cv1 sales not really the everyman product it was hoping to be.  

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

nrosko said:

It depends if there is competition at christmas. I actually think 50k is a bit low? Normally release day is a peak as there is a backlog of customers waiting to buy it. Early days but I think it looks similar to cv1 sales not really the everyman product it was hoping to be.  

There were no Pre-Orders for GO and the official launch was more rumor than anything else; since the actual release date was never confirmed.

If you think that the numbers match the Rift CV1, then that only proves that GO's numbers are in fact high. Because the Rift CV1 had a ton of marketing and two Demo products (DK1, DK2) there were advertised across YouTube since 2014 with millions of views.

GO had none of that and still hit the same numbers? That's your indication that sales are higher than expected.