New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Update on Download Issue (May 17th)

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
edited May 17 in General
We're currently investigating an issue that is affecting access to downloads at this time. Thank you for your patience while our engineering team works to resolve the issue.

Update: The download issue from earlier this evening is now resolved. Please try again now. If you still experience any issue, please reply here or contact us so we can look into it. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• jfarmer1978jfarmer1978 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Good to know you are working on it.
  • jopivojopivo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Go figure on the day I choose to buy my go. 
  • arjunkrishnaarjunkrishna Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    this type of service related status updates should be built into the oculus app. 
  • Sam3gXSam3gX Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This issue made me factory reset about 5 times now trying to fix it :/ Hope I would've known it was the servers sooner
  • MattFrom1972MattFrom1972 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I also did a factory reset, so now I have no apps :-(
  • DFahrerDFahrer Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Can’t download here. Totally blocked.
  • deckerwkildeckerwkil Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    hope you fix it soon!  just bought a gaming laptop and the oculus and sucks I can't use it!! 
  • n0rthernn0rthern Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    ;-;
  • Runic_LawRunic_Law Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Is there an ETA on this issued? 
  • jmogoljmogol Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Seeing this issue as well. :/ :/
  • ScouseSeattleScouseSeattle Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Is this why 1.26 will not install? 
  • Kayden9Kayden9 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I just received my first oculus rift and was very excited to set it up and use it and I was greeted by this problem.  Horrible first impression.
  • ken.gould.31ken.gould.31 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited May 17
    :s 

• smellmonstersmellmonster Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Maybe it would be a good idea to include Major System-wide Failures to the Notifications menu. You know like an Amber Alert. OK not quite like an Amber Alert but you know what I mean. You gotta keep people informed when the crap hits the fan. If these comments are any indication of what else people are doing out there to fix the problem on their end, who knows what they're up to, Nothing good, I tell you that. 
  • TomGuadalupeTomGuadalupe Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I sacrificed a goat trying to the software downloaded which was obviously a waste, if only I had known this was simply a problem with the downloads and not the anger of pazuzu.

NerveGear
    I was just able to download the setup
    NerveGear
    Kayden9 said:
    Come on son, don't be teasing folks.
    NerveGear
    Yep working now for  me.  Thanks!

• OhTheHorrorOhTheHorror Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Kayden9 said:
    thats  cold man 
    NerveGear
    No it is working.. had to use Mic Edge and its downloading now.. chrome didnt work

NerveGear
    No it is working.. had to use Mic Edge and its downloading now.. chrome didnt work

Oh its true its damn true.
    NerveGear

I was able to use Chrome
    NerveGear
    no browsers working for me on 8.1
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,389
    Project 2501
    THIS is why we need an OFFLINE SETUP. We’ve only been asking for one since the beginning.....but nnnnoooo. 

NerveGear
    so any update on why its still not working for me on 8.1 with any browser
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited May 17
    Update: The download issue from earlier this evening is now resolved. Please try again now. If you still experience any issue, please reply here or contact us so we can look into it. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • antjoneantjone Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Quick question I am trying to download a free game and when I do and will not let me install it. It keeps saying I need to check my connection

• antjoneantjone Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited May 17
    Everytime I go to download a game the download button won't work and it says I need to check my connection. Any help
  • Bookman1960Bookman1960 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited May 18
    Still not working!   Not a great first impression I must say.  My Oculus arrived yesterday and still unable to download the software!  Bad.

update: Software did download using Edge on my other machine but not chrome.  Please fix this.

• WozGodGaxWozGodGax Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited May 18
    I got it to download with Microsoft Edge, wouldn't with Chrome though.