Can't install apps. Persistent Download Failed Error — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can't install apps. Persistent Download Failed Error

ProphettProphett Posts: 9
NerveGear
I just picked up the Oculus Go and while setup went fine and I was able to link it to my existing Oculus account, I am unable to install any apps.  The download initializes, queues and then fails.  I then get a pop that says "Download Failed".  This has happened with every app that I have tried to download.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Is there a fix? 
Tagged:

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Yes, we're aware of the issue and are working on fixing it now. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ProphettProphett Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Oh great.  I thought it was just me.  I'll just sit tight then.  Thanks for the head's up.
  • ThatsRichAppsThatsRichApps Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    just got mine today.  also having the same issue

• egjernesegjernes Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Me too, any thoughts on when this will be fixed?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    The issue has been resolved. Please try again now.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • DAMANTrentonDAMANTrenton Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    ok, the oculus store will not let me download anything without saying "download failed" I need help on what is happening rn and i have only had the go for 1 full day and it is glitching already
  • virtuulzvirtuulz Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Same failures for me with my Rift.
  • ColBraddockColBraddock Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Can't download Apps from the Store
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,113 Volunteer Moderator
    I reported the error and they are working in it now.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• NorthbeeNorthbee Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Same thing happening for me with all games I try installing
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,113 Volunteer Moderator
    Announcement above mate
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• Tomaz27Tomaz27 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Every time I want to install the Oculus gallery app the download initializes, queues and then fails.  I then get a pop that says "Download Failed"