cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home (decor): Entryway Challenge

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Due to the release of Oculus GO on May 1st, things became rather distracting with MobileVR goodness. However, we still have plenty of time to engage in a fun decorating challenge.

This one is smaller in scope, and it's the challenge that I've been most looking forward to seeing play out; especially with so many creative folks joining in lately.

Pick any part of your Home as the Entryway. This is the area that visitors will spawn at directly. Granted, you need to be sure to set your entryway point to get the full effect.

Everyone using the public beta channel for OH will have access to some sample homes under the "recommended" section. Check out "ExampleOne" from the Recommended homes, it has a basic Entryway example.

Here's the menu to see these recommended homes:

fmnzfhjcyh9t.jpg

And here's its entryway:

qhv2j6buo4nu.jpg

To set your own entryway, simply click on "your homes" from the Menu and click "set entry point:"

jpy3eg448df5.jpg

As another example, I picked a home from someone on my Friends list. They made a custom entryway that is a rocky arc with some plant-life around it. Behind you are steps floating down from the sky, which gives the impression that this is how you arrived. The Player spawns directly inside the arc.

jtk7ktdcidgw.jpg

We have until June 1st for this challenge. Get to work!
🙂
21 REPLIES 21

fixit35
Protege
here's my  entryway.mha6g406tdp6.jpg

fixit35
Protege
if any one wants to check it out its in home #1

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Nice @fixit35

Love that custom staircase! and second floor!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
In my Default Home, I went with a simple but fun concept: The Player arrives on space platform and a robot greets you. So far I kept the space platform basic, but I'm tempted to try to build an entire vessel. We shall see.

My robot was inspired by the Steam Punk style club from @@Shadowmask72

Work in progress:

tohft2ow4f4u.jpg

ge98aedggq3o.jpg

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Love the robot eyes.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's two entryways I always think of but @vannagirl isn't letting me in lol 😮 :heartbreak:

kzintzi
Trustee

Zenbane said:

As another example, I picked a home from someone on my Friends list. They made a custom entryway that is a rocky arc with some plant-life around it. Behind you are steps floating down from the sky, which gives the impression that this is how you arrived. The Player spawns directly inside the arc.

jtk7ktdcidgw.jpg

We have until June 1st for this challenge. Get to work!
🙂

think I just entered without entering :tongue:
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

RattyUK
Trustee
Just made Home #2 public, nothing too amazing, but coming on reasonably.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

RattyUK said:

Just made Home #2 public, nothing too amazing, but coming on reasonably.

I really like what you did here. It actually feels like a "realistic" area; and it's best experienced sitting down. I loaded up Oculus Mirror and took some screenshots. I like the TV, as well as the shelf area on the right.

vrnvmxayqdk0.jpg

fuh6hl9vcujy.jpg