New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Best VR game ever, but the fun is over now :(

Doum76Doum76 Posts: 80
Hiro Protagonist
edited May 24 in Lone Echo / Echo Arena
This is my fav VR game ever, started it a few days ago, 5 stars al the way, but damn i hate the saving system, got a surprise last night loosing about an hour of game play hunting down Cube-Sats and coming back ingame after a short break and all was to be redone. Did i learned my lessing now and waiting for some story improvement that might cause a saving before logging off. :)

EDIT: Just finish it today, unfortuneately, it was so awesome, at first i hated the save cuz i didn'T know how it worked, but i did realised fast that the game save usualy on achievements o f situation or part changer, so once i got used to it i knew where to log off, so basicly, i find this game perfect, only regret, it's over now :( Wish there was a sequel or something, realy get to like Liz and Jack :(

Comments

• I_CANT_HEAR_YOUI_CANT_HEAR_YOU Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    same here!  more please....
  • RoasterRoaster Posts: 1,050
    3Jane
    Liv. Olivia.
    The game does pull you in. Sometimes I don't realize how immersive it is until I'm crouching down below the energy beams on the production line trying to get a robo leg out of the works. Or one time I had a glitch and got trapped in a respawn booth. Panic for a moment like I was really stuck in there.
    Luckily my PC handled the game without any faults, feel sorry for those who had breakdowns in gameplay.
       I think the game has enough depth that you can replay it a few times without loss of interest.
    i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu
  • CongratsulationsCongratsulations Posts: 70
    Hiro Protagonist
    I love this game, I wonder what the sequel will be like? Maybe jack is not A.i after all? That would be mind blowing!
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
    I think it will be a continuation of the story ... you know when the ending happens (NO SPOILERS) ...

The Dev's told me that part 2 is coming.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Brain Burst
    Can't wait for part 2!  I have played Lone Echo all the way through from the beginning at least 3 times now...still awesome!
  • CongratsulationsCongratsulations Posts: 70
    Hiro Protagonist
    I might go through again and see what I missed through the first play. :)
    Ilovethis said:
    I might go through again and see what I missed through the first play. :)
    I actually missed a lot, including Liv's quarters! so many little story tid-bits and items to interact with. Second replay was very enjoyable.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Brain Burst
    Definitely check out Liv's quarters...a little surprise in there...
  • tonny.hu.549tonny.hu.549 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I really want to have a try of it. I wish it can add more controller functions in the next version which will use vibration motor in the controler.
  • Doum76Doum76 Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist
    Humm not sure i'Ve seen Liv'S quater... and i missed a few data orbs near the satellites before the game changer. :( but i'll have to redownload the game to see it as i had to reinstall all games since i finished it. :(
  • Doum76Doum76 Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist
    I really want to have a try of it. I wish it can add more controller functions in the next version which will use vibration motor in the controler.

Vibration motor huh.. wonder what Liv's reaction would be by sticking my hand to is read end as i did.. i presume her reaction would be different than « How 'bout some personaly space » :P
    Brain Burst
    I just started a new game from the beginning... This game is just too cool... All the details, the stuff floating around in the Kronos, everything about this game is awesome!
  • MadMax1998MadMax1998 Posts: 49
    Brain Burst
    I have to give absolute props to Ready At Dawn for this game. I had it on my list for a long time, then took a break from it after a few hours of play before the exciting part, and then went through the rest recently, taking my time to really take in the beauty of the experience. It's amazing how well designed the game is, graphically, physically (as in how you interact) and from a storytelling standpoint. Did you notice there is hardly any music in this game? The sound design is amazing, with positional audio coming from the environments, basically replacing the absent soundtrack with mood-inducing soundscapes. At times I was concerned about hearing something from my room when it really came from the game!

The character interaction is very good even though it could use a few more details. But considering that Olivia is animated pretty rigidly and does not look like a real person, she sure felt real. I made every effort to look her in the eyes when we were conversing, *especially* at the dramatic part near the end (no spoilers, but this moment was indeed tearjerking).

But above all else I will commend the studio that made this game for creating a technical VR masterpiece. Many games I've played don't come close to Lone Echo's fidelity and yet perform much worse. I played on an old i5-2500K with a GTX 1070, with almost all details on high and 1.2 supersampling. Not only did I rarely see ASW or dropped frames, but the parts where the game stuttered were all CPU-dependent which is fair enough when I consider how old my system is. The game made very good use of my CPU and GPU (especially VRAM!) and the experience was very smooth *and* crystal clear. This is what a properly optimised VR title can be.

My only gripes with the game are that the first few hours are a bit boring at times because you are essentially doing chores. I know that is what Lone Echo was designed to be, but it can be a bother at times. The latter parts, where the story is the focus, look a bit too same-y over the course of the experience, with the environment not giving us enough visual diversity. And finally, some puzzles were not clear enough for me to solve without looking them up on the web. Case in point (and not even a puzzle), I had to glide through a pitch black tunnel and I did not know how to turn on my flashlight. A reminder (voice line by Jack) would have helped here, since you so rarely need to use the flashlight at all.

But man, that payoff at the end was so worth the hassle. One of the most emotional moments in video games, period.
    I have to give absolute props to Ready At Dawn for this game. I had it on my list for a long time, then took a break from it after a few hours of play before the exciting part, and then went through the rest recently, taking my time to really take in the beauty of the experience. It's amazing how well designed the game is, graphically, physically (as in how you interact) and from a storytelling standpoint. Did you notice there is hardly any music in this game? The sound design is amazing, with positional audio coming from the environments, basically replacing the absent soundtrack with mood-inducing soundscapes. At times I was concerned about hearing something from my room when it really came from the game!

The character interaction is very good even though it could use a few more details. But considering that Olivia is animated pretty rigidly and does not look like a real person, she sure felt real. I made every effort to look her in the eyes when we were conversing, *especially* at the dramatic part near the end (no spoilers, but this moment was indeed tearjerking).

But above all else I will commend the studio that made this game for creating a technical VR masterpiece. Many games I've played don't come close to Lone Echo's fidelity and yet perform much worse. I played on an old i5-2500K with a GTX 1070, with almost all details on high and 1.2 supersampling. Not only did I rarely see ASW or dropped frames, but the parts where the game stuttered were all CPU-dependent which is fair enough when I consider how old my system is. The game made very good use of my CPU and GPU (especially VRAM!) and the experience was very smooth *and* crystal clear. This is what a properly optimised VR title can be.

My only gripes with the game are that the first few hours are a bit boring at times because you are essentially doing chores. I know that is what Lone Echo was designed to be, but it can be a bother at times. The latter parts, where the story is the focus, look a bit too same-y over the course of the experience, with the environment not giving us enough visual diversity. And finally, some puzzles were not clear enough for me to solve without looking them up on the web. Case in point (and not even a puzzle), I had to glide through a pitch black tunnel and I did not know how to turn on my flashlight. A reminder (voice line by Jack) would have helped here, since you so rarely need to use the flashlight at all.

But man, that payoff at the end was so worth the hassle. One of the most emotional moments in video games, period.
    Yeah, for the first time I felt emotionally connected to a game character, without any spoilers the bit at the end, my heart was pounding, I felt genuine emotions of protecting Liv at all cost and rushing to complete the mission.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file