Elite Exploration - Page 22 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Elite Exploration

1161718192022»

Comments

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,081
    Wintermute
    Aren't messages stored in Codex somewhere?
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 667
    Neo
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    Aren't messages stored in Codex somewhere?
    They are audio rather than text @MAC_MAN86 ; - so would need to be captured - or follow @snowdog 's suggestion to scrawl on notepaper looking through the gap :)

As it stands currently the Codex is still a little, shall we say, lacklustre..
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
    Wintermute
    I thought they were kept in storage to Playback anytime. Did you check the Comms Panel thoroughly?
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,309
    Wintermute
    It's possible, but i'm just going by the youtube videos that show the message being read out and not emailed.

I suppose a DASH-pinned notepad page and virtual keyboard might do it, but it does appear to be a little clunky and that the game designers are not yet fully on board with VR.
    Wintermute
    either way, thanks for all the suggestions. 

if i'm going to need to break immersion to do it anyway, i might as well just use the website that shows the already decoded messages.                                                                                                              
    Wintermute
    Virtual Keyboard won't keep any focus with the game. Look at the Comms Panel, surely they're stored in there on the added left side.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,588 Valuable Player
    Has there been an update of some sort this last week? All my finished missions have disappeared as well as one part completed. Have lost about 15m credits altogether I think. :(
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    Neo
    snowdog said:
    Has there been an update of some sort this last week? All my finished missions have disappeared as well as one part completed. Have lost about 15m credits altogether I think. :(
    No update that I can think of apart from the bug-buster last week...
    You didn't just overrun your time did you for the missions?
    How is ED in the Rift S?
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,588 Valuable Player
    I still had a couple of days left with the one still going and had completed half a dozen or so. Maybe I should have gone back to the station and cashed them in but I'm pretty sure once bounty hunting missions are done the clock stops and you can cash in whenever you want.

Elite Dangerous with the Rift S is a bit of a double edged sword tbh. The clarity means that you aren't seeing a blurry mess but the downside of that is that the jaggies are A LOT more noticeable.

I might have a play around with the AA tomorrow I think, will probably have to turn my 1.5 super sampling down though.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    Wintermute
    I'm just using the galaxy map to find systems with a state of "incursion".  This doesn't mean that there will still be Thargoid activity, as players might have killed that off, but Galnet does provide that information.  It looks like there are usually only a few systems in this state at any time, 3 this week, and they are changed on Thursday (Thargsday) every week.

there is still activity where I am, so I am grinding combat rank by killing Scouts,, but once that activity has been stopped, I'll switch to evacuating paying passengers from the damaged station, to increase Federation, or Empire rank, as applicable.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,950 Valuable Player
    edited May 24
    Greyman said:
    Has anyone figured out a way of "writing down" the codes that you hear at the eagle eye installations, when in VR?  

Just shout them out to your wife, I am sure she will only be too pleased to act as your intergalactic personal assistant. :)

Neo
    Greyman said:
    Has anyone figured out a way of "writing down" the codes that you hear at the eagle eye installations, when in VR?  

Just shout them out to your wife, I am sure she will only be too pleased to act as your intergalactic personal assistant. :)

I'm sure mine would - but being dyslexic....

Wintermute
    Greyman said:

LOL, my wife would probably write down something that would give me a very strong indication of where I should go.  ;)

i wonder if there is anything the VoiceAttack voice packs peeps, HCS, could do to record the message.  I suppose if I were to say the letters, the VA log would record it, albeit in a little disjointed manner, but HCS might be able to consolidate the letters, perhaps after a spoken cue, like "eagle eye"???

Wintermute
    "DEVs play their own game!" not in VR and no HOTAS. 
    No fix for Multicrew connections, Restock button, balanced payouts, added potential gameplay, remove barriers of doing stuff etc.
    Your LOGs are held in CODEX btw.

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,407
    Project 2501
    RattyUK said:

How is ED in the Rift S?
    It's sharper. Space is not as black but it's black enough for me. The trade off is worth it. 
    Wintermute
    edited June 7
    I use a darker mod in GraphicsOverride…(default was 0.3000) also the "no SPUD registry switch" 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6tca7t/why_you_may_need_to_disable_spud_oled_mura/

C:\Users\(your Username)\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics\GraphicsConfigurationOverride [Right-Click edit]
    <ToeDenominator>0.2078</ToeDenominator>

I've ordered an IR Illuminator to try out this week.
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/686813#Comment_686813
    Neo
    MowTin said:
    RattyUK said:

How is ED in the Rift S?
    It's sharper. Space is not as black but it's black enough for me. The trade off is worth it. 
    I went mad and bought the S too, for me about as black in space as the original, but spud made it a pretty grey environment for me most of the time.  Being able to read text has been novel, even if the sweet spot is much smaller with the S.
    As with others here, I have random, brief, flashes while playing any game, but not enough to want to spit my dummy out! Overall an 'upgrade' in clarity, sound from the headband speakers is plenty loud enough to hear above TV, wife, etc. :D  Headphones plugged into the HMD is better if full-range audio is needed.

Wintermute
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    "DEVs play their own game!" not in VR and no HOTAS. 
    No fix for Multicrew connections, Restock button, balanced payouts, added potential gameplay, remove barriers of doing stuff etc.
    Your LOGs are held in CODEX btw.

Thanks for that.  I'll check it out.  I think I've previously only opened the CODEX once and I think that was by mistake, but I apparently now have a good reason to open it again.  ;)