So I've been trying to get Oculus setup to run successfully for the better part of a day now. Most of that time was spent waiting for it to re-download the setup files which I've done countless times. I've scoured google/the forums here and tried literally every solution I could find. Including, but not limited to:
- Uninstalling/deleting everything related to previous setup attempts (files, registry settings, etc)
- Completely disabling Windows Defender (I have no other antivirus on this system)
- Disabling Windows Firewall
- Disabling everything that isn't absolutely necessary for windows to run
- Uninstalling/reinstalling every version of the .NET distributable runtime I know of
- Uninstalling/reinstalling DirectX
- Moving the installer exe to C:\ and running it from there
- Running the installer as adminstrator
- Not running the installer as administrator
- Creating a brand new local admin account and running it from there
Each time, I've completely deleted the setup file cache and checked the OculusSetup log to see what went wrong. I've attached the latest one here. The error varies but it usually has something to do with a file being "missing or invalid". This latest one I've gotten several times now:
[Error] [5/19/2018 2:03:22 PM] File 'Home2\Content\Paks\Home2-WindowsNoEditor.pak' is missing or invalid.
[Error] [5/19/2018 2:03:22 PM] Uncaught exception!
Daybreak.OVRLibraryService.Libraries.LibrarianException: Package oculus-worlds failed verification
at Dawn.Setup.InstallChunkedPackagesStep.InstallApplication(Nullable`1 transaction, Application app, CancellationToken cancellationToken, String installDirectory, String manifestDirectory, String downloadCache)
at Dawn.Mixins.SafeCallMixin(Func`1 func, String title, String caller)
[Debug] [5/19/2018 2:03:22 PM] Install 'Dawn.Setup.InstallChunkedPackagesStep' failed.
[Warning] [5/19/2018 2:03:22 PM] Rolling back installation.
At this point I'm completely out of ideas. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.