New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Mirror Oculus Go on PC/Mac

robinoculusnlrobinoculusnl Posts: 17
NerveGear
Is it possible to mirror my Oculus go to my Mac?

Best Answer

Answers

• digital00101digital00101 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    You can live stream through Facebook to yourself, haven't tried it but they say there is a 10 sec delay.
  • robinoculusnlrobinoculusnl Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    @digital00101 Only issue is the red dot in the screen while playing games...
  • FieldOfVisionFieldOfVision Posts: 201 Oculus Start Member
    When I read your question I was curious myself, so I just tried mirroring the screen through ADB and it works. I tried it with Vysor, it streams in binocular but at least it's a stream. Worth checking out other methods using ADB seeing that it works.

Check out our latest VR exclusive games from www.FieldOf.Vision
  • voxelmaniamvoxelmaniam Posts: 129
    Art3mis
    What is ADB?
    A voxel is a three dimensional pixel!
    Murray Foster
  • VinohVinoh Posts: 49
    Brain Burst
    Oh cool! I can mirror my Mac to my 3D TV via Apple TV and view the stream in 3D. I'll buy Visor for a year to get the advanced features and see where I can take this. Thanks, FieldofVision!
    Brain Burst
    I bought the subscription and like it even better. The resolution on my Mac and stream to the 3D TV are really great; much sharper than the headset. Two problems though that I reported to the developer:
    1. The Go will not stay connected wirelessly. As soon as I unplug the cable it disconnects.
    2. The aspect ratio of the side by side image is incorrect for a 3D TV. Each image needs to be shrunk in half horizontally so that they are correct when expanded and overlaid on the full screen.
    Aside from that, it works great. Even provides copy and paste functionality.
  • CellienCellien Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I'd actually like to know if you can stream a Rift game to the Go.  I play Fallout 4 VR and would like to stream the game to a Go for another onlooker so they can experience it while I play on my Rift.
    NerveGear
    @FieldOfVision Thnx for the answer, only issue is that I can't find out how to connect my Oculus Go to Vysor...
  • Get_RevvedGet_Revved Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Being able to mirror to the Oculus phone app would be very handy too, even if just for helping people navigate with the headset on.
    edited May 2018
    @Vinoh
    I haven't tried this yet, but did you connect with ADB to the device IP address? To test this, get the device IP with 
    adb shell ip route
    Then connect wirelessly with
    adb tcpip 5555
    adb connect device_ip_address

And you can check that you are wirelessly connected with
    adb devices

@voxelmaniam
    ADB is a tool to interface with the Android paform, it's from the Android Patform Tools, part of the Android SDK. 

@robinoculusnl ;
    You need to do a few things:
    - Set your Oculus Go into developer mode (you do this by clicking on the headset on the mobile app while it's connected).
    - Install the Android SDK on your computer.
    - Plug in your Oculus Go into your computer.
    - To check that the device in properly connected, run the command adb devices from within the Platform-tools folder that comes part of the Android SDK.

There are some who have experienced issues with the ADB drivers and found better luck connecting with the Oculus ADB drivers afterwards.

NerveGear
    @FieldOfVision Thnx! Works with Vysor, and bought the Pro version. Only trying to figure out how to use the wireless connection.
    Brain Burst
    @Vinoh
    I haven't tried this yet, but did you connect with ADB to the device IP address? To test this, get the device IP with 
    adb shell ip route
    adb tcpip 5555

adb devices
    Thanks for the tip. Actually, it started working and I don’t even need to connect the cable at all but I’ll keep this in my back pocket just in case. 
    @Vinoh
    Indeed, I just noticed that the Pro version of Vysor has a wireless functionality. Great!

• G4MER-D3V1LG4MER-D3V1L Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    Vinoh said:
    @Vinoh
    adb shell ip route
    adb tcpip 5555

adb devices
    Thanks for the tip. Actually, it started working and I don’t even need to connect the cable at all but I’ll keep this in my back pocket just in case. 
    How did you get it to work wireless I'm having this problem as well?
    NerveGear
    @G4MER-D3V1L I don't really think you can use the wireless mode on Vysor with Oculus Go.
    NerveGear
    Wireless now works, woop! Needed to install Homebrew, and the adb driver. After that, just connect your Oculus IP to Vysor and it will stream with almost no delay.
    Brain Burst
    Wireless now works, woop! Needed to install Homebrew, and the adb driver. After that, just connect your Oculus IP to Vysor and it will stream with almost no delay.      Can you tell me how to do this thanks.
    Brain Burst
    @robinoculusnl how can I do this? Install needed app
    Brain Burst
    It works. On the PC I just had to reinstall adb drivers display has almost no lag at all. On the chromebook it keep failing to connect them it just worked but here it has alot of delay but still it works .
    Brain Burst
    G4MER-D3V1L said:
    I just kept trying to enter my the ip address in the settings dialog with the headset connected via USB. Eventually the correct connection showed up allowing me to select "view". After that, it worked consistently.
    Brain Burst
    Vinoh said:
    G4MER-D3V1L said:
    I just kept trying to enter my the ip address in the settings dialog with the headset connected via USB. Eventually the correct connection showed up allowing me to select "view". After that, it worked consistently.
    Thank you alot for answering also how did you did to check the ip address on the oculus yo or did you find it using adb or how?

The way I had to do it was to my router settings and see all connected devices I need a easier way to do this 
    Brain Burst
    G4MER-D3V1L said:Thank you alot for answering also how did you did to check the ip address on the oculus yo or did you find it using adb or how?

The way I had to do it was to my router settings and see all connected devices I need a easier way to do this 
    I used whatismyip.com in the Oculus browser.
    Brain Burst
    edited May 2018
    Vinoh said:
    G4MER-D3V1L said:Thank you alot for answering also how did you did to check the ip address on the oculus yo or did you find it using adb or how?

I used whatismyip.com in the Oculus browser.
    Thanks alot how could I forget about this. Thanks alot.
    NerveGear
    @G4MER-D3V1L You can use the MoonPlayer app on the Oculus Go, that will say the IP. On your Mac, install this. After that, follow all these steps in the Terminal.
    Brain Burst
    @robinoculusnl thanks again for the help and thanks for those links. 
    NerveGear
    @G4MER-D3V1L You can use the MoonPlayer app on the Oculus Go, that will say the IP. On your Mac, install this. After that, follow all these steps in the Terminal. After all these steps, go to Vysor and click the settings weel to enter the IP of your Oculus Go.
    NerveGear
    @G4MER-D3V1L You can use the MoonPlayer app on the Oculus Go, that will say the IP. On your Mac, install this. After that, follow all these steps in the Terminal. After all these steps, go to Vysor and click the settings weel to enter the IP of your Oculus Go.
    Brain Burst
    @robinoculusnl thanks for all the help I got it to work and it has not lag at all on my PC. When I used the vysor app on my chromebook it has alot of latency but it works so I'm good to go.
  • FoferFofer Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for the info, everybody. I've got Vysor Pro on my Mac, mirroring what's on my Oculus Go, when wired as well as wireless.  It'd be great if we could one day disable the "binocular" view, and just have it display like a regular screen...