New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Does Windows 10 updates break tracking?

nightmare0942nightmare0942 Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi There, recently had a forced update to Windows 10 Pro (to 1803 17134.48, no choice) and then Oculus updated to v1.26,
Tracking on the right touch controller is now completely shot. Veeeery slow and jumpy. Reset everything. Re-installed all hardware. swapped every USB port possible. Re-pairing the touch fails. Cannot see the controller, yet in Steam VR & Oculus, the controller does show up. Just useless (sometimes it lies on the floor). Cannot roll back any updates and I REALLY don't want to rebuild the machine!

Any ideas?

Answers

• LosAngelesGraffLosAngelesGraff Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    my windows updated too and now i cant even use oculus dash at all >.>
  • innitinnit Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    It seems one of the USB Sensors doesn't power on anymore after the update, this is giving me Touch and Tracking issues.
  • ThmoasThmoas Posts: 308
    Trinity
    Check Device Manager to see if sensors are all recognised as Rift Sensor.

For me I also recently updated to 1803 and then the Oculus update but I have no issues with tracking, smooth as ever (4 sensors).
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,698 Valuable Player
    edited May 2018
    Last night I kept getting usb disconnect sound and then a black and white image and a jump for split second. Not seen this since the bad old days just after touch launch. 
    No error showing in motifications
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Can you upload your LogGatherer zip file here? See this thread for how to get the file.
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
    Also feel free to submit a support ticket. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,446
    3Jane
    edited May 2018
    Disable Windows Gaming features and possibly use the rid Cortana Registry Hack, Renaming file and Fast closing the Cortana tree in Tasks. Search it on here.
    Only use Nvidia Driver if using that - i.e. no Audio/3D/Experience/AutoUpdate features to maximise your RAM.