cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally resolved defective go by.......

inovator
Consultant
In another thread I complained oculus waited and never acknowledged I had a defective go headset even after factory resetting etc. It was back and forth back and forth and still they didn't come up with the obvious solution.  I want oculus to succeed l. They are a good company with growing  pains. I will stick with oculus but will give them a tongue lashing when it is deserved. I sent them a final email how I resolved my issue as follows:
I returned the headset to amazon and bought another go through best buy. It worked perfectly the 1st time I set it up and used it. It wasn't very nice the way this was handled. I should have been told way back my headset was probably defected. I want u guys to succeed. Please get your act together.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartph
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be fair to Oculus they HAVE improved things regarding Customer Service. There are A LOT less horror stories and more positive reports posted on Reddit since the early days when the Rift first launched. It's a shame that HTC haven't made similar efforts tbh, particularly when their hardware seems so much more unreliable. 😞

inovator
Consultant
I agree and hope they continue to improve. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Just for clarity, we were moving toward getting you a replacement, but we do need to ask for certain information before authorizing a return. I'm sure we would have been able to offer replacement if you continued to speak with us, but I realize this process takes longer than exchanging through a retailer. Thanks for your understanding.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV