Typing here or leaving recorded voice messages and replies? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Typing here or leaving recorded voice messages and replies?

SaffieyahSaffieyah Posts: 79
Hiro Protagonist
If there was a system or a way we could leave messages to our forum peeps then that would have been great. Its nice to hear someone's voive rather than type away.  It also means that voice messages can interpret replies in a genuine manner so that we know if someone is kidding around or being serious about their comments and messages. 
Be moral, be ethical and live life to the maximum. 

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 1,965 Valuable Player
    Me personally if I want to communicate in voices, I go out into the real world - which is a neat thing to do at times.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,485
    Project 2501
    dburne said:
    Me personally if I want to communicate in voices, I go out into the real world - which is a neat thing to do at times.
    The real world no longer exist after the war with the machines.
    I for one would rathet remain in blessful ignorance.
    WAAAGH!
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,015
    Wintermute
    Saffieyah said:
    If there was a system or a way we could leave messages to our forum peeps then that would have been great. Its nice to hear someone's voive rather than type away.  It also means that voice messages can interpret replies in a genuine manner so that we know if someone is kidding around or being serious about their comments and messages. 

You may be right. Your voice is very calm and relaxing Priyah.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    Project 2501
    Ironic a bot asking about why folks do not use their real pictures on their profiles has a catfishing pic on its account.
    WAAAGH!
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,732 Valuable Player
    Forums are fine the way they are.  They've worked just fine since the days of the BBS, there's no need to add voice communication into this, that would be a terrible idea.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,350 Valuable Player
    edited May 2018
    You can voice chat with people on your Oculus Friends List through the Party feature in the Oculus Home app (or at least, actual people can).
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,318 Valuable Player
    edited May 2018
    Morgrum said:
    Ironic a bot asking about why folks do not use their real pictures on their profiles has a catfishing pic on its account.

This is interesting - the bot is actually making a statement other "bots" have been making on other forums! The more I look at this poster, the more I think I am looking at a "logic Bot" - or someone typing others' information! Be interesting to see how the moderators handle this one.

P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
    Is the OP a known bot or something?  What's all this talk of bots about?
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,607 Valuable Player
    edited May 2018
    falken76 said:

Either she's related to @Log_a_Frog (is that a Lillipad in her hair?) or yes, she's a bot that has a very similar pattern to at least 2 other bot accounts and possibly 1 other notorious perma-ban recipient.

I was leaning towards one of the bot accounts at first, but when she posted on my Wall I got extra suspicious lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Just the stilted responses and sudden reappearance. No hard facts that this is a bot. But something is not quite right.

P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
    Ahhhh, the interwebs, an interesting playground we have here.  A possible stalking bot is among us.  ;)

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,350 Valuable Player
    edited May 2018
    I'm not sure if she's a bot (not sure what the purpose would be) or just a strange person. I'm pretty sure she's the same person/bot who was banned a couple years ago after spamming the forum with a bunch of weird posts about wanting to have Brendan Iribe's babies, some stuff about pregnancy and using the Rift to visit with the baby in the womb, and some other bizarre pseudo-spirituality-related drivel.

Here's an example, and here's another. Here's one more.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,965 Valuable Player
    Zenbane said:
    falken76 said:

Either she's related to @Log_a_Frog (is that a Lillipad in her hair?) or yes, she's a bot that has a very similar pattern to at least 2 other bot accounts and possibly 1 other notorious perma-ban recipient.

I was leaning towards one of the bot accounts at first, but when she posted on my Wall I got extra suspicious lol
    Yeah she posted on mine as well.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,575 Valuable Player
     didn't post on mine :(
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1809 (17763.348)
    Project 2501
    Me either thank god. 
    Stay away Skynet!
    WAAAGH!
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,622
    3Jane
    To hear your voice may prove you are not a dude. That's about all really.
    edited May 2018
    One thing I have noticed across many forums - contentious or perma-banned accounts (that have not been shuttered) have been springing back to life - I wonder if certain posters have sold or given away their accounts to be used by bots - or are doing the bidding of those running bot-nets as an attack against those forums that they think did them bad!?

[Image - another Sock Puppet Fishing on the forum!]

P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,015
    Wintermute
    MAC_MAN86 said:

Your wish granted.....
    https://soundcloud.com/priyah-wharys

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,622
    3Jane
    Ah another CEO, just like myself. I think it would indeed take up too much hard drive space to listen to Voicemails doncha think? Besides, they also contain waffle and I can not speed read voice waffle like I do text!
  • SaffieyahSaffieyah Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thank you for your reply MAC_MAN86
    Be moral, be ethical and live life to the maximum. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,607 Valuable Player
    Richooal said:
    MAC_MAN86 said:

Your wish granted.....
    https://soundcloud.com/priyah-wharys

Hmm, maybe this is not cleverusername afterall. Perhaps it is that other infamous bot then. Either that or cleverusername has been stellar in their cross-identity upkeep.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
This discussion has been closed.