cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hands Freeze In-Game

Butterzroxx
Sightseer
Good afternoon. A few days ago I ran into the problem where my game will start to stutter and my hands in-game freeze. Sometimes it lasts a few seconds, other times I have to reset Oculus. Today, it is unplayable. I checked all of my drivers (GPU, USB, etc..) and they're all up-to-date. Re-ran Oculus set-up thinking maybe the sensors got moved accidentally. Also tried using USB 2.0 vs 3.0 and the problem is still there no matter what VR game I play. Only running two sensors like I have since day 1. Any ideas?

PC Specs
-----------
CPU: AMD FX-8350 (A little old but it runs all my non-VR games on ultra)
RAM: 16gb
MOBO: ASUSTeK M5A78L-M Plus / USB3
GPU: EVGA GeForce 1080 4095mb
Storage: 2tb SSD
PSU: 850w 80+ Gold

3 REPLIES 3

guillots
Explorer
Hi there, i have the same problem from day one(i got my oculus the last friday, i will open a new discussion to put my specs there). also have 2 sensor configuration.
do you have blackscreen if you took off and put on again the headset? because i got a blackscreen after that.
for now the unique thing its working for me is unplug and plug again the usb's headset (i have it in a 3.1 usb), try that. 

Meamjustme
Honored Guest
Probably the batteries from the touch controllers just ran out. 😉 

Butterzroxx
Sightseer
I figured it out. My CPU was holding back my GPU. I upgraded to the Ryzen 5 1600 with the x370 motherboard and everything runs flawlessly now. 🙂