How to stream your DRM-protected Movies/TV shows using Movies Anywhere + Fandango Now/Amazon Prime — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How to stream your DRM-protected Movies/TV shows using Movies Anywhere + Fandango Now/Amazon Prime

FutureTronFutureTron Posts: 10
NerveGear
As some of you know, you can't stream your DRM-protected movies and tv shows via an app on the Oculus Go. That's reserved for Oculus Video purchases, Netflix, Hulu and Showtime at the moment. Vudu, Movies Anywhere, Amazon Prime, Google Play and Fandango Now all have yet to write native apps for the Go. 

However, I was able to link my Fandango Now account to Movies Anywhere to stream my iTunes/Vudu purchases on my Go. Vudu and Movies Anywhere don't allow this workaround right now. 

After the linking process (instructions found on Movies Anywhere's site), you need to navigate to FandangoNow.com, request the desktop site, then sign-in and go to the library section. 
You may need to grant Fandango Now access to monitor your device's activity for it work when you choose a title to lay. A dialogue box popped up asking me to do this. Say Allow before you toggle to full screen mode. For some reason, full screen mode wouldn't acknowledge my click. 

This was a major sore point for me. And now, thanks to Fandango Now + Movies Anywhere, I can now stream my library as a workaround until native apps arrive for the Go.
I've seen on YouTube that this trick works for Amazon Prime too, but I'm not an Amazon Prime member, so I couldn't test this out.

If anyone from Fandango Now reads this, I want to say thanks. This makes me MORE likely to visit and patronize your site for purchases and streaming.

Comments

• m.cody.simsm.cody.sims Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    You can also stream the movies on YouTube if you linked your movies anywhere account to the google play store. I just wish there was a way to stream these movies in the theater setting instead of the browser window. 
  • FutureTronFutureTron Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    You can also stream the movies on YouTube if you linked your movies anywhere account to the google play store. I just wish there was a way to stream these movies in the theater setting instead of the browser window. 
    Yeah, ditto. I think it's only a matter of time before more apps appear that link to Movies Anywhere. Would've been better for the Go to launch with a Movies Anywhere-related app though, especially since Oculus is selling it hard as a media consumption device. 
  • robdeezrobdeez Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    So I get the whole linking Fandango Now to Movies Anywhere.

But how do you then proceed to watch said movies on the Go? What app on the Go is accessing the movies? Is there a Fandango Now app for the Go that I’m missing?