New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Anywhere to get SkyRim VR Cheaper?

RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,045 Valuable Player
edited May 31 in Games and Apps
I missed the opportunity to buy it at £22.00 and just wondered if anyone knew of a good steam key site to get it from?

Comments

• CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,399 Poster of the Week
    I don't know what a "steam key site" is (sounds kinda sketchy)  but I'd just keep an eye on Humble Bundle?   They deal primarily in steam keys but sometimes get different sales than Steam does.
    The next nerd to cry about "the resolution" of top-of-the-line VR devices will be permanently banned from using ALL standard-definition media.  And yes, that includes all pre-Switch Nintendo games. Especially Melee.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,464 Valuable Player
    Cdkeys are legit and usually pretty cheap. 
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,045 Valuable Player
    @bigmike20vt - Yes, I picked Doom VFR from there for £9.99, it's a bargain atm. Has mixed reviews though, so I'll have to get to look at it some time. I really need to start playing these games instead of collecting them. 
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 472
    Trinity
    @RedRizla - I bought Doom VFR (Humble Bundle) last week, it doesn't like Steam VR beta either.  That and I'm having big issues with Touch controllers - but that may be just me doing something silly as others have posted that they have no problems using Touch.  Not got past the 'training' part to comment on the game proper.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
    One review in here was very positive, but it has mixed reviews on Steam. I think some of those reviews is when it had teleportation only though..
  • Chump_ChangeChump_Change Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    IDK if the deal is still on, but greenman gaming had it for a pretty decent price when I bought last month
  • BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    edited May 28
    I got skyrim vr for 37.4 usd off cdkeys.com just now. Pretty descent price I would say.
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 1,991
    Project 2501
    £15.05 = $20.04

@Brixmis - I Don't think that's the VR version..
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,200 Poster of the Week
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,464 Valuable Player
    edited May 28
    Brixmis said:
    That isn't the right game is it?
    Edit multi ninja'd
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 1,991
    Project 2501
    Yeah - I saw that myself and was a little disappointed, though I have issues with buying anything from Zenimax (spit!).

I wasn't looking for VR at the time - guess if the OP had mentioned it specifically, I would have looked for that specifically - didn't even know the VR version was separate until after I thought of doing a new search for it.

Whenever I think of getting a game that's on Steam cheaper, i think of that site now. The prices change regularly (and seem to follow the exchange rate as well) so it's worth keeping an eye on it.

Trinity
    SkyrimSE is £14.67 (about $20) from HRK (linky thing: https://www.hrkgame.com/en/games/products/?search=skyrim )

I've used them a few times and they deliver working keys so far.

PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
    edited June 1
    Sorry, but will have to change the heading to VR. My bad for just putting SkyRim when there two different games..
  • geebee666geebee666 Posts: 191
    Art3mis
    RedRizla said:
    Sorry, but will have to change the heading to VR. Myy bad for just putting SkyRim when there to different games..
    I think the forum that you asked on would have been a clue :)
    Trinity
    Sorry @RedRizla ... Me distracted as I was thinking of adding SkyrimSE myself for those pancake days as I never added all of the DLC to the original (and was hoping that the savegames might be interchangeable).