New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rift SI Release 1.27 Rolling Out to Public Test Channel

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,077 Oculus Staff
edited May 30 in Oculus Rift + Touch
The latest Rift SI version 1.27 is beginning to rolling out now to the Public Test Channel. We've updated the Oculus desktop app with search improvements and a new results page, and added some new features for Library management. There's also a new uncommon item in Home that supports a sneak preview of an upcoming feature inspired by the community... See something you like or have a new feature idea? Share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and as always, please report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.
  • Oculus desktop app
    • Updates to search, including experimentation of a new results page to browse, sort, and filter results.
    • Improved Library management with new options for sorting and filtering. We've also updated hiding functionality so it's now persistent across the desktop app.
    • Improved notification system, including experimentation of new notifications for friend activity and content updates.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • Dash:
      • New overlay UI shows the distance and scale of Dash panels as you position them with the thumbstick.
      • Added various stability improvements.
    • Home:
      • There's an uncommon item in Home that now supports a sneak preview of an upcoming feature inspired by the community.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,016
    Neo
    I'm all for variety and welcome updates. Just would still welcome the option to always return to CLASSIC HOME after it is finally released. However, we are all experiencing less fps and this to some means a drop from 90 to below 45 due to ASW. For me I always get from 30 to 45fps anyways due to my old PC. It works fine for me but look for any possible method of maximizing my RAM. Does the old method of Run As Admin on the OculusVR.exe still work and then run the games direct and if not can you allow this?
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,186 Power Poster
    Is there any news of a free locomotion option yet? It's been the most requested feature since suggestions started.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • TonserTonniTonserTonni Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    ......Does the old method of Run As Admin on the OculusVR.exe still work and then run the games direct and if not can you allow this?
    Seconding this.
  • PabbertPabbert Posts: 223
    Nexus 6
    edited May 31
    You cant push the selection bar down anymore when in virtual desktop mode, bit annoying when using the web browser.

uncommon item?

Update been browsing the web etc for the last hour and have to say the bar height is annoying. when trying to use the virtual desktop for browsing the web / using apps on the pc I`d hit one of the icons and open the store or notifications by mistake. Its a bit strange the settings shelf on the left touch pad can be set at any height but the main one cant.
    Please change this.
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 992 Poster of the Week
    Gotta say, LOVE the fact that this is in the Rift forum and not the General one :smile:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • Calimero_OeufCalimero_Oeuf Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    "Improved notification system, including experimentation of new notifications for friend activity and content updates."
    I hope there will be also a message system and a notification when playing 3rd party games from unknow source

No device renaming to detect easily what usb to replug ?
    Ma configuration Oculus Rift + 3 capteurs et câbles longueur 5 mètres :
    Cable USB 3.0 en 5 mètres x4
    Cable HDMI en 5 mètres x1
    Répétiteur HDMI x1
    Hub USB 3.0 pour 1 ou 2 capteurs x1
    Hub USB alimenté pour le casque  x1

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 374
    Trinity
    Is one of the new additions multiple library locations @cybereality ? Or did I just miss it in the first place - just moved Arizona Sunshine to my NVMe drive :)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,124 Power Poster
    RattyUK said:
    Is one of the new additions multiple library locations @cybereality ? Or did I just miss it in the first place - just moved Arizona Sunshine to my NVMe drive :)
    That was added a while back. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • GeeKay9999GeeKay9999 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    snowdog said:
    Is there any news of a free locomotion option yet? It's been the most requested feature since suggestions started.
    Honestly, there are zero games I play with teleportation. It's really irritating going from playing something like In Death, an archery game with free locomotion, to Oculus Home, where I have my archery range set up, because every now and then I'll want to move slightly to the right and hit the stick out of muscle memory, but then I'll end up three feet in front of me, facing a new direction.

If Oculus Home was a game, it'd be sitting derelict in my library just like Robo Recall or The Unspoken.
  • ThmoasThmoas Posts: 272
    Nexus 6
    I never wander around OH and don't care. Free locomotion might change my mind. Nothing beats the freedom of free locomotion. I think they will never do it though, people are not used to it and they only want to provide "easy" choices in their UI (like, no "advanced" button).
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 626
    Neo
    Thmoas said:
    I never wander around OH and don't care.

Same here. I have a real home to walk around. All I need from Oculus is a functional place to arrange and launch my VR apps. It should use as few resources as possible.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    I would agree with the above and yet no way to  launch Steam games with options in home yet without editing json files.
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 374
    Trinity
    edited June 2
    I would agree with the above and yet no way to  launch Steam games with options in home yet without editing json files.
    Once I have launched a game from Steam (from the games menu, not from Steam Home) it appears on my Library in Oculus and will launch from there, does this not happen for you?  Maybe I am lucky as I have yet to experience the pleasure of editing a .json file :)

Mind you, I'm not sure what you mean by 'with options' so guess this may be outside of how I use Oculus library.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • Calimero_OeufCalimero_Oeuf Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited June 2

RattyUK said:
    Once I have launched a game from Steam (from the games menu, not from Steam Home) it appears on my Library in Oculus and will launch from there, does this not happen for you?  Maybe I am lucky as I have yet to experience the pleasure of editing a .json file :)

Mind you, I'm not sure what you mean by 'with options' so guess this may be outside of how I use Oculus library.
    not every time, I did all json and icons manually by myself to have all my steam games in oculus menu.

Also when you play a steam game, your friends don't know you're playing they only see you online.
    Ma configuration Oculus Rift + 3 capteurs et câbles longueur 5 mètres :
    Cable USB 3.0 en 5 mètres x4
    Cable HDMI en 5 mètres x1
    Répétiteur HDMI x1
    Hub USB 3.0 pour 1 ou 2 capteurs x1
    Hub USB alimenté pour le casque  x1

• john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    edited June 2

RattyUK said:

not every time, I did all json and icons manually by myself to have all my steam games in oculus menu.

Also when you play a steam game, your friends don't know you're playing they only see you online.

An example of steam game with options would be Project Cars 2 it works with Desktop,Rift, and Vive. This displays the icon in Oculus home but will not launch from Oculus home without editing json files.
    edited June 3
    Huh, not sure if it's due to 1.27, but I just noticed that can't see my friends list. When I click on my profile in the Oculus app it says I have 200 friends, but where the list should be, it just says Add Friends. If I search for someone on my friends list, I can't add them because it says that we are already friends.

Tried restarting the Oculus service, but it didn't change anything. I'm going to try opting out of the PTC to see if that fixes it.

Edit: nope, rolling back to 1.26 didn’t fix it. Must be something other than 1.27 causing it. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,186 Power Poster
    That's cos you don't have any friends. Everybody hates you. :p :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    The friends list problem must be an Oculus server issue. I was going to try repairing my installation, but them I thought to check my Go app, and it's not seeing my friends list either.
  • geebee666geebee666 Posts: 191
    Art3mis
    edited June 4
    Any one else noticed Home Stuttering / shuddering when using Dash especially when using youtube etc. ?
    I have posted on Reddit as well and it seems some others are having a similar issue to me.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,582
    Project 2501
    I have noticed ever since being updated to 1.27 when I put on headset and Oculus Home launches, whilst it is loading I have two small concentric circles of white light in the left hand side of the headset beaming back toward the left hand side of me.

Once Home is launched that goes away and all is normal.

Anyone else seeing this while Home is launching in 1.27??
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB | I7 [email protected] GHz | EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals |
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,077 Oculus Staff
    That's probably glare from the Fresnel lenses. You can usually see this on flat black backgrounds with white logos. It's normal for these kinds of lenses, though it has been largely reduced in Oculus Go. 
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • xeno3dxeno3d Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    So did anyone find this uncommon item yet?
    xeno3d said:
    So did anyone find this uncommon item yet?
    It’s the CRT monitor. You can now pin some screens or apps to it. 
  • vanfanelvanfanel Posts: 178
    Art3mis
    nalex66 said:
    The friends list problem must be an Oculus server issue. I was going to try repairing my installation, but them I thought to check my Go app, and it's not seeing my friends list either.

That got resolved but now I'm seeing what you're seeing..."Add Friends"  I've opened a ticket but who knows.  I've actually seen this problem pop from time to time over the past year.  Comes and goes so I'm guessing it's some server issue.

• dburnedburne Posts: 1,582
    Project 2501
    That's probably glare from the Fresnel lenses. You can usually see this on flat black backgrounds with white logos. It's normal for these kinds of lenses, though it has been largely reduced in Oculus Go. 
    Ok thanks for the info. Odd I only see it whilst home is launching and just started. Never have seen them when fully in VR.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB | I7 [email protected] GHz | EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals |
    vanfanel said:
    nalex66 said:

That got resolved but now I'm seeing what you're seeing..."Add Friends"  I've opened a ticket but who knows.  I've actually seen this problem pop from time to time over the past year.  Comes and goes so I'm guessing it's some server issue.

I've got a support ticket open as well, but so far they haven't come up with anything useful. They asked whether I had recently linked a FB account, but I don't have a FB account. I did accept a couple random friend requests just before noticing the problem, but I have no way of knowing now who they were to unfriend them. I tried unfriending someone that was recently added with chinese characters in his name, but it didn't help. The friend count updated (from 200 to 199 friends) on my profile page, but I still can't see the list.
    We're looking into the friends list issue. Thanks.
  • KnightMasonKnightMason Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    edited June 5
    Still no fix for the controllers going to sleep in the middle of a game due to "no activity"?
    Why is it taking years to fix a timer variable while lesser "problems" get fixed?

The left hand isn't used as much and someone overlooked that issue. Especially while sitting in a chair.

So many games are unplayable due to this problem. Like Skyrim VR, Fallout 4, etc.
    I have found this to be downright game breaking as I need to react with my left hand for something only to find the controller is asleep. Again. By time it initializes again I'm dead. And my hate for it is growing exponentially.

Edit: Or how about not go to sleep at all while I'm in a game?
    When friends ask if they should get an Oculus I really don't know what to tell them at this point.
    Because other options don't have this problem.
    Sadly my second VR headset purchase will be factoring this issue in as well if it isn't fixed.
  • vanfanelvanfanel Posts: 178
    Art3mis
    Still no fix for the controllers going to sleep in the middle of a game due to "no activity"?
    Why is it taking years to fix a timer variable while lesser "problems" get fixed?

The left hand isn't used as much and someone overlooked that issue. Especially while sitting in a chair.

So many games are unplayable due to this problem. Like Skyrim VR, Fallout 4, etc.
    I have found this to be downright game breaking as I need to react with my left hand for something only to find the controller is asleep. Again. By time it initializes again I'm dead. And my hate for it is growing exponentially.

Edit: Or how about not go to sleep at all while I'm in a game?
    When friends ask if they should get an Oculus I really don't know what to tell them at this point.
    Because other options don't have this problem.
    Sadly my second VR headset purchase will be factoring this issue in as well if it isn't fixed.

I've never heard of this particular problem or encountered it myself.  If played skyrim for countless hours but the left/right has never fallen asleep on me.  In fact it has never fallen asleep on me in the middle of any game.
    edited June 5
    The sleep issue should have been resolved around a month ago. You're saying it's still happening? We made it so any capacitive touch of a button or stick will keep the controller awake. You don't have to press the button, but you will need your finger to be on or around the controller buttons, triggers, or sticks (i.e. it won't work if you place the controllers on a table).