Raft - Should be VR — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Raft - Should be VR

DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,718 Valuable Player
edited June 2018 in General

Ok no real point to this thread except to have a little moan about the Raft game not being VR. It looks like it would have been an interesting experience. A survival game on a raft that you can build and mod and sail to places.

Fishing, painting your raft, hand combat with sharks... all screaming Touch. Ah well.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)

Comments

• j.walterswartzj.walterswartz Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I played a bit in VR using Vorpx. Not bad.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,023 Valuable Player
    edited June 2018
    Where do you get fresh water from in this game does t rain everyday or do you just collect as much rain water as you can? As for Vorpx, it was okay when not many VR titles were available, but I haven't been able to setup Vorpx to give me anything near a good VR experience.. That's not to say others don't like it, but I do wonder if I'm setting it wrong from what I've seen of Vorpx. 

Would have been nice in VR, but isn't it a bit like Subnautica that already has VR?
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,718 Valuable Player
    edited June 2018

Since we started getting a decent amount of games with VR built-in, I've kind of forgotten about Vorpx, maybe I should revisit what it can do if it's the only choice for a game like this.

What I like about Raft is that it's set in this world rather than an alien or fantasy world like Subnautica so in my head it's more real. I think that's why I like Fallout more than Skyrim... and Star Trek more than Star Wars... I digress.

Also, Raft, it seems to me, would be well suited to a smallish room type room-scale set-up. i.e. you're limited to walking around up to the perimeter of your raft.... well at least until you've expanded it beyond the size of your room. It's something that kind of adds to the realism rather than subtracting from it like in some other games.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,456 Valuable Player
    Ahhh RaftNDirect.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,576 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    Where do you get fresh water from in this game does t rain everyday or do you just collect as much rain water as you can? As for Vorpx, it was okay when not many VR titles were available, but I haven't been able to setup Vorpx to give me anything near a good VR experience.. That's not to say others don't like it, but I do wonder if I'm setting it wrong from what I've seen of Vorpx. 

Would have been nice in VR, but isn't it a bit like Subnautica that already has VR?

Easy peasy. Drink your own wee. Or someone else's if that floats your bo- erm, raft. :p
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever