New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How to change the battery of oculus go remote

IamnilsIamnils Posts: 2
NerveGear
I feel like an idiot but I can't figure out how to change the batteries of my oculus go remote. I managed to slide down the part to expose the battery but I can't get it out. Anyone with similar issues?

Thanks

Comments

• IamnilsIamnils Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thanks! turns out my battery had expanded and it's why I wasnt able to remove it.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • maestrotmaestrot Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem as described above and do not find any solution. The battery seems to be locked in the remote chassis and nothing helped to take it out of this.
  • chettawanchettawan Posts: 77
    Hiro Protagonist
    maestrot said:
    I have the same problem as described above and do not find any solution. The battery seems to be locked in the remote chassis and nothing helped to take it out of this.
    My YouTube clip didn't help?
    @maestrot Did you check the link I posted?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    No, unfortunately it did not work. I am afraid that the battery could have expanded, so it can‘t be taken out. 
    Both the link and YouTube video show exactly the way I am trying to get out the battery.

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,650 Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2018
    I had an issue with taking the battery out too, it did feel like it expanded, I used a small flat head screwdriver, to gently lift the battery out on it's positive end (had to apply some force) ... it eventually popped out.

I use a Panasonic Eneloop Pro with it now, holds a charge for 3 times the included battery had.

Also make sure to gently push DOWN on the battery while using the screwdriver, as it's on a spring at the bottom.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Can you please contact us for assistance? Thanks. https://support.oculus.com
    NerveGear
    Can you please contact us for assistance? Thanks. https://support.oculus.com
    I contacted the support. 
  • wegarowegaro Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 2018
    I had the same problem, it was hard to remove but I could, had to push strongly as it the battery didn't move at all.
  • eoventoeovento Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited September 2018
    I had the same issue with included battery. It took me like half an hour (and a few cuts on my hand) to take it out with a nail-scissors. If it "expanded" I don't know. What I know is that it wouldn't ever come off. And it didn't happen afterwards with decent batteries - only with the included ones.
    Yes, batteries can be slightly different sizes and unfortunately the included batteries are on the larger size. I still have some trouble replacing the batteries by hand, usually I will use a key or screwdriver and that works.
  • jedimasterkylekatarnjedimasterkylekatarn Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I had same issue....managed to get battery out with Flathead screwdriver, but battery damaged a bit, controller seems fine though after cleaning inside with a cloth.