New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can I pair more than one Oculus Go on one account/phone?

gjbatlffgjbatlff Posts: 2
NerveGear
I wish to host an exhibition with four Oculus Go's, but can I pair 4 OG's together on one app? After which, will they operate on their own?

Comments

• SpaceDaveSpaceDave Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I've currently got two paired to the same phone and it works fine.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    You can only use 1 account per phone and headset, but you can pair that same account to many headsets. I don't recall the exact limit but 4 should be fine.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • jakoblacourjakoblacour Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I would really like to know the limit. I am going to have 50 headsets for a theatre piece.
  • brasilin2006brasilin2006 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I would really like to know the limit. I am going to have 50 headsets for a theatre piece.
    Did you figure out the limit? We're trying to do 30
  • maha.sh.96780maha.sh.96780 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    You can only use 1 account per phone and headset, but you can pair that same account to many headsets. I don't recall the exact limit but 4 should be fine.
    Has anyone figured out the maximum number of headsets that can be paired to an account?
  • costajosephcostajoseph Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Good Question. For a self standing application that is not dependent on network or tethering, what is the maximum number of go devices that can be paired to a single device?
  • monigarrmonigarr Posts: 39 Oculus Start Member
    We are setting up a museum exhibit for our Oculus Go app. How many Oculus Go devices can be paired to one phone simultaneously?  
    MoniGarr.com
    Current Project: Father Sun VR for Oculus
  • monigarrmonigarr Posts: 39 Oculus Start Member
    edited March 22
    As of today, I have two Oculus Go paired with one Google Pixel phone / oculus account simultaneously ... will keep testing to find out the limits and share here when I can.
    MoniGarr.com
    Current Project: Father Sun VR for Oculus
  • ICONO-ORSTEDICONO-ORSTED Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have at this moment 10 oculus Go paired to 1 phone
  • diegodalydiegodaly Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Anyone else has tried more than 10 OG to 1 phone?
  • mannina1010mannina1010 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hello. So can anyone tell me how to pair two headsets on one phone? Do I just click 'Pair new headset'? I ask because I don't want it to delete the first one. 
    Also, can anyone tell me - if I want to show a different video on each headset at the same time, will I be able to do that?
    Thanks
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,695 Volunteer Moderator
    Do I just click 'Pair new headset'?
    Yep. Pair new headset lets you add one in addition to the ones you already have.

Also, can anyone tell me - if I want to show a different video on each headset at the same time, will I be able to do that?
    Even if the headsets all are sharing one account, they work independently. So you can make them play whatever you want. They can have different software or media installed on each one.
  • mannina1010mannina1010 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    thank you Kojack. Been searching for those answers for the past three days. :)