Better user interface for demos — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Better user interface for demos

spyrospyro Posts: 339
Art3mis
edited April 2013 in Support
Hi there,

at the moment, there can be a settings menu triggered to show the status of a few config variables like the current IPD with the space key, the FOV, distance to the screen, height of player and so on. There are individual keys to remember for each and every single setting. There are not only poor documented and not visible at all in the interface but additionally very difficult to hit with a HMD on my head...

It would be better, if there could be simply highlighted and de- and increased with the arrow keys (or the d-pad). While changing the values, there should only be this particular setting be visible so you could actually see the difference while configuring them.

Thank you :)
spyro

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Good feedback.

On the C++ demos I believe it shows you the keys to press on screen, but this is missing from the Unity demo.

I'll see what the team thinks about this addition.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV