New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Project M Hana & Evie Videos - Daydream Demo is Awesome

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,256 Valuable Player
edited February 1 in General
I cannot vouch how well Project M will play as an adventure game but at least the animations look pretty decent. I think there was a demo on the Oculus Store for one of the characters (I can't recall the name).

Project M, based on Unreal Engine 4, is a story-based interactive VR adventure game. The most important goal of Project M is to present users with realistic looking digital characters that users can emotionally connect with, supported by an intriguing storyline.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,256 Valuable Player
    edited February 1
    Just reviving this thread because yesterday I played the Daydream demo for the first time. Somehow it slipped under the radar when it released in late 2017.  The videos in the first post are an advancement on the demo but still, the demo is well worth a look despite the £3.99 price of entry for 20 minutes. If that's too much then check the two videos. One has the UI removed and the other as it appears in VR. However, I really must stress that it's better to see it first hand in VR.

What really is striking and puts this simple interaction above a number of similar experiences (although this one isn't adult themed you'll be pleased to know) is the conveying of emotion. You get a real sense of her displeasure, happiness, excitement etc. For me this is the makings of the ultimate fantasy VR experience. Something that I would create if I had the skills or time and patience to gather a team to produce. What's missing though is eye tracking, physical interaction with real time reactions, and an AI which responds to voice inputs. A sexy version of Alexa, Cortana, Siri etc. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/646310/

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.