New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Custom Sabers for Beat Saber [Tutorial]

F4CEpa1mF4CEpa1m Posts: 142
Art3mis
edited June 30 in Games and Apps
Hai,

If you want custom Sabers:

1. Download and Install Beat Saber Mod Installer (make sure install location is correct):
https://github.com/Umbranoxio/BeatSaberModInstaller/releases

2. Download and Extract SaberPlugin.zip (Unity folder for creating your own custom sabers):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mIhF2CnhliigKJFS5tgtL7KQR3soVoMq

3. In 'SaberPlugin\Place contents in your game folder', copy the 'Custom Sabers' and 'Plugins' folders to your Beat Saber install location (Steam or Oculus)

4. Go to Beat Saber Mod Group Discord:
https://discord.gg/ZY8T8ky

5. On the '#finished-sabers' tab, download a .saber file and drop that in to the 'Custom Sabers' folder I just mentioned

You can copy multiple .saber files to this folder and select them individually in game

Start Beat Saber and when in main menu, look to bottom right for custom saber selection menu

That's it.

Full video tutorial here:

x_0

Comments

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,063
    Neo
    I'm not so keen on Beta Stuff especially if it already has Mods which potentially may interfere with the Official Release.
  • F4CEpa1mF4CEpa1m Posts: 142
    Art3mis
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    I'm not so keen on Beta Stuff especially if it already has Mods which potentially may interfere with the Official Release.
    I'm not sure what you mean.  Beat Saber isn't in beta and doesn't come bundled with mods.

I've tested this process and it works flawlessly in my experience
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
    Oh woo! Really cool. Thanks for sharing! WIll have to try this out.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Art3mis
    Oh woo! Really cool. Thanks for sharing! WIll have to try this out.
    All good mate  :)  Yeah give it a go it's ridiculously easy to do and there tonnes of insane custom sabers 
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,389
    Project 2501
    I posted on your video yesterday. Didn’t know you were here as well. The only bad thing about this mod is that you can’t scroll to see other sabers and axes. I had around 15-20 installed and could only see one page. Nothing worked for scrolling to see more so there is a glitch somewhere that needs to be fixed. 

Love your videos though. Keep up the excellent work. 
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,063
    Neo
    It's "Early Access" and that to me is Beta and Mods do as above.
    Art3mis
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    It's "Early Access" and that to me is Beta and Mods do as above.
    I hear what your saying but mods aren't 'guaranteed' to do as above.  And I've never seen such a low level texture and visual mod completely break a game (though that doesn't mean it's never happened).  Plus the game is like a couple hundred Mb..  Not exactly a pain to reinstall if there were to be a conflict..  

Also I think in this case the dev is aware of the mods etc so I'm sure he'd be calling out if the mods were likely to have any catastrophic implications. 

Each to their own
    Art3mis
    Digikid1 said:
    I posted on your video yesterday. Didn’t know you were here as well. The only bad thing about this mod is that you can’t scroll to see other sabers and axes. I had around 15-20 installed and could only see one page. Nothing worked for scrolling to see more so there is a glitch somewhere that needs to be fixed. 

Thanks mate.   Yeah I seem that comment and replied :)  Seems like a few others having that same issue hopefully there a little update for it soon 
  • lopez005lopez005 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    F4CEpa1m said:
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    I'm not sure what you mean.  Beat Saber isn't in beta and doesn't come bundled with mods.

F4CEpa1m said:
    MAC_MAN86 said:

actually it is in beta
    Art3mis
    lopez005 said:
    F4CEpa1m said:
    MAC_MAN86 said:

F4CEpa1m said:
    MAC_MAN86 said:

actually it is in beta
    Semantics mate.  

Technically: Early access is the funding model whereas  alpha/beta is the current build state of the game. 

Generally (but def not limited to): alpha - > beta - > early access. 

The game is in early access and  I believe there was a beta build prior to the game hitting early access.  Though developers use the term loosely these days. 
    Art3mis
    Digikid1 said:

Hey mate, you've probably sorted it already but just a heads up I've updated the link in the guide above and in the description of the vid to include the new CustomSaber.dll which fixes the scrolling issue  :)

If you want do dl the .dll directly and place in 'plugin' folder yourself it's here:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442769103522889729/450347817253208075/CustomSaber.dll

And here is the one for the Unity project:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442769103522889729/450348288940703744/CustomSaber.dll

• MadnessOfLife29MadnessOfLife29 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited December 4