New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

How to get error logs from app crashing in Oculus Go

FlomasterFlomaster Posts: 3
NerveGear
I recently ported an Oculus Rift app into Oculus Go using VRTK and unity 2017.4.2.  The app works 50% of the time but the other 50% it freezes right as it loads a 360 video, halfway through the app.  I sideloaded the app using ABD.  I have searched and I cannot find out how to find the logs in my Oculus Go.  How can I find error logs in the Oculus Go so I can figure out why it only crashes sometimes?  
Unity developer with Oculus Go

Comments

• FlomasterFlomaster Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I found an answer using "adb bugreport" in the cmd line.  Now I am trying to figure out how to find the particular error code.
  • FlomasterFlomaster Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited June 2018
    Found a better answer for getting the logs while connected to the android debug bridge

http://www.mastersofpie.com/guide-to-building-gearvr-projects-in-unity-5/

Create a text file (anywhere on your computer, the example is for AndroidLog\android_log.txt)

then in your cmd while connected to the go, run the below 3 commands 

del \AndroidLog\android_log.txt
    adb logcat -c
    adb logcat -s Unity:D > \AndroidLog\android_log.txt

Then run your app!  The debug logs  and errors will be written to the text file
  • rohal_chandrakarrohal_chandrakar Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    my app for 360 videos and photos crashes after 3 hotspot transitions
  • inMediaStudio_gearinMediaStudio_gear Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited December 2018
    Hey @Flomaster, did you find a way to resolve your error?. I am having exactly the same problem with 360 videos. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.