New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Oculus GO accessories and an alternate facial interface now available.

LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
edited June 5 in Oculus Go
https://www.oculus.com/go/accessories/

You can find an alternative facial interface for people with wider cheekbones, replacement controller, and a replacement for the original facial interface.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)

Comments

• chettawanchettawan Posts: 77
    Hiro Protagonist
  • desivdesiv Posts: 133
    Art3mis
    I realize that it specifically says only one controller can be paired at a time, and there aren't any programs that support 2 controller obviously.
    And there is no 6DoF...
    But, if they added that support and some programs supported it, I can easily see spending $25 on another controller. ;-)
    Hiro Protagonist
    desiv said:
    I realize that it specifically says only one controller can be paired at a time, and there aren't any programs that support 2 controller obviously.
    And there is no 6DoF...
    But, if they added that support and some programs supported it, I can easily see spending $25 on another controller. ;-)
    I hope some YouTubers or anyone with 2 OCG at home can try this.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Just noticed that there's no replacement head strap available yet.
  • EispfogelEispfogel Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Where is my Deluxe Audio Strap? ;)
    But nice to know that there is another Interface. 
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
    chettawan said:
    Just noticed that there's no replacement head strap available yet.
    Actually that is a great idea, I can see this light fabric getting dirty overtime,
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,455 Valuable Player

You can find an alternative facial interface for people with wider cheekbones, replacement controller, and a replacement for the original facial interface.
    I am still waiting for my extra glasses facial insert which was advertised as coming bundled with my rift CV1 ;)
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)

I am still waiting for my extra glasses facial insert which was advertised as coming bundled with my rift CV1 ;)
    I have actually ordered 2 extra GO facial interfaces and will mod my Rift :)

• EdigsEdigs Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    If they'd sell PSVR like strap for Go, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. By far the most comfortable design of this first gen VR.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 481
    Trinity

I received my new fitted interface today.  I'm finding it a little more comfortable on my big fat head, lol!  It does not dig into my cheekbones quite as much as the stock faceplate foam.  Not that the stock ones were really all that bad.  Also, the slightly larger footprint seems to help keep my headset from flopping around as much with games that require a lot of head movement.  I'm not sure that these are going to make much diff for most but for me they were worth the $us25.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,164 Power Poster
    desiv said:
    And there is no 6DoF...
    You mean this?

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,243 Power Poster
    Great price on the Replacement Controller.

In related news,

I installed the "eyeglasses wearer" extension to GO. I like using GO while wearing my glasses (I prefer using the Rift with my Contact Lenses). GO's comfort level makes eyeglass wearing effortless.

I really love being able to have so many VR options between multiple devices. Now I just need SC to complete the Trio!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 481
    Trinity
    Zenbane said:
    Great price on the Replacement Controller.

In related news,

I installed the "eyeglasses wearer" extension to GO. I like using GO while wearing my glasses (I prefer using the Rift with my Contact Lenses). GO's comfort level makes eyeglass wearing effortless.

I really love being able to have so many VR options between multiple devices. Now I just need SC to complete the Trio!
    I originally installed that little rubber eyeglass extender but later took it off.  I did not find my glasses came even close to the Go lenses without it and I also found that the FOV and clarity improved without them, for me anyway.  Same goes with my new slightly larger facial interface (who comes out with these names, lol??).

I also wear glasses with my Rift.  Initially I found that my glasses were a tight fit and when I took the Rift off it tended to take my glasses with it, lol!  However, after about a weeks use the Rift foam seemed to spread out a bit and now my Glasses seem to have lots of room (and are still far away from the Rift lenses).
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,243 Power Poster
    edited June 25
    I'm primarily a Contact Lens wearer. But when I purchased new eyeglass frames some years ago, I tried to go fancy since they would last me at lest 5 years. Their design is definitely not VR HMD friendly though.

Something I will consider when I finally replace them!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • victordevegavictordevega Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Does anybody know where can I get extra head straps? 
  • voxelmaniamvoxelmaniam Posts: 128
    Art3mis
    Zenbane said:
    I'm primarily a Contact Lens wearer. But when I purchased new eyeglass frames some years ago, I tried to go fancy since they would last me at lest 5 years. Their design is definitely not VR HMD friendly though.

Something I will consider when I finally replace them!
    Check out Zenni Optical. They have very good prices (< $15 delivered) for simple optics and workable frames. I purchase several pairs while trying to determine the sweet spot (1.3 meter working distance).
    A voxel is a three dimensional pixel!
    Murray Foster
  • airstreamdaveairstreamdave Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I've tried ordering the alternative fitted facial interface twice. Within hours of placing the orders I received an email saying my order was cancelled. No explanation...just cancelled. Customer support has not responded to my inquiry to explain why. Anyone else had this sort of problem?
  • MorHawkMorHawk Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I've tried ordering the alternative fitted facial interface twice. Within hours of placing the orders I received an email saying my order was cancelled. No explanation...just cancelled. Customer support has not responded to my inquiry to explain why. Anyone else had this sort of problem?
    I've heard of that happening to someone else on the FB page (maybe it was yourself, I dunno). Either way, VR Cover is coming out with a cover for the Go that will probably be much better than Oculus's official offerings.
    MorHawk said:
    I've heard of that happening to someone else on the FB page (maybe it was yourself, I dunno). Either way, VR Cover is coming out with a cover for the Go that will probably be much better than Oculus's official offerings.
    Yes there is a VR cover version coming, shipping Nov 22

https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-go-replacement-set/

Usually, a cancelled order is when there is an issue with billing, declined payment, incorrect address etc, support will not give out a reason because some people could use that information to circumvent the security checks.

• TheBadBuddhaTheBadBuddha Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Anyone know if other spare parts are available beyond those featured? Not to be deliberately contrary but the spares available aren't required and the parts required seem unavailable.
    Really need a replacement frame that fits around the lens. Also looking for a new plastic strap frame since a friend's toddler chewed it, flushed it, then chucked it out the window after making sure we were in a car on a motorway so that the trouble caused wouldn't be trivial. My friend promised to have his kid adopted if there's no repair possible so the stakes are quite high.