New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Stormland E3 2018 Announcement Trailer

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,022 Power Poster
Looking all good in this Stormland (that's the Oculus Rift game from Insomniac Games) E3 2018 trailer.

System Specs: GTX 1080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,484 Volunteer Moderator
    Woohoo, that looks like a lot of fun!!!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,484 Volunteer Moderator
    Did you make the two topics intentionally btw? Can I merge them?
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 704
    Trinity
    So this is the open world game they talked about, looking good I hope they have learned from previous titles, EOK was great but a bit repetitive in gameplay. 
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,385 Valuable Player
    edited June 7
    I just saw some arm attachment in that video, is this allowed given the talk recently about dismemberment. So attachments allowed, like sticking on head.

• vanfanelvanfanel Posts: 177
    Art3mis
    RedRizla said:
    I just saw some arm attachment in that video, is this allowed given the talk recently about dismemberment. So attachments allowed, like sticking on head.

Don't take that literally.  You're still going to see your dismembered zombies and what have you in games.  This was most likely a response to that school shooting game that spawned outrage a few weeks ago on steam.  Unless a game has serious controversial issues you're really not going to see much of a change in what comes out.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,385 Valuable Player
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,235 Poster of the Week
    Looks awesome.
    WAAAGH!
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,434
    Wintermute
    edited June 8
    I got the chill running up my spine whilst looking at the trailer. Here's hoping it's a Lone Echo interface style. 

What I do find even more promising is that they are really listening to what we want.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 966
    3Jane
    edited June 8
    Wow, this game was not even on my radar. It looks amazing. It's open world and promises dynamic world that "evolves." 

Stormland Is A New Co-Op FPS From Insomniac That Constantly Evolves

I'm just glad it's not another puzzle adventure game like Lone Echo and Red Matter. I get the feeling that Oculus is stearing devs away from violence. Why so many games where you're a robot fighting robots? They're not helping VR with this nonsense. 

• nroskonrosko Posts: 704
    Trinity
    MowTin said:
    Wow, this game was not even on my radar. It looks amazing. It's open world and promises dynamic world that "evolves." 

Stormland Is A New Co-Op FPS From Insomniac That Constantly Evolves

I'm just glad it's not another puzzle adventure game like Lone Echo and Red Matter. I get the feeling that Oculus is stearing devs away from violence. Why so many games where you're a robot fighting robots? They're not helping VR with this nonsense. 

I like robots but yeah the whole robot VR thing is a bit crazy & is turning into a pet peeve, although i do really like virtual virtual reality so i guess i can look past it if the game is good. I think puzzle games have there place in vr as they just work well & i thought Red Matter was very good but we need more open world games like this for sure.  
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 966
    3Jane
    nrosko said:
    I like robots but yeah the whole robot VR thing is a bit crazy & is turning into a pet peeve, although i do really like virtual virtual reality so i guess i can look past it if the game is good. I think puzzle games have there place in vr as they just work well & i thought Red Matter was very good but we need more open world games like this for sure.  
    Remember how the initial version of Robo Recall was Bullet Train where you shot soldiers? Then it turned into robots. One can only imagine how cool it would have been to rip soldier's arms off and beat them with it. :)  (joking) But I think it would have been cooler with a mix of flying robots and soldiers like in the demo. 

I notice that Steam now has a "we accept anything that's legal" policy. That's the way it should be. 

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to this. An open world game built from the ground up for VR from Insomniac. I'm a little surprised they're willing to spend the money. 
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,199 Valuable Player
    That looks incredible (technically at least) I doubt it will look that good on my rig however till I upgrade my gtx 980
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 557
    Neo
    OMG, this looks amazing! excited!!! :)
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 179
    Art3mis
    This looks pretty amazing. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 11,389 Power Poster
    Another "must buy." Love it!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,434
    Wintermute
    Maybe a cv2 launch title
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,022 Power Poster

System Specs: GTX 1080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.