Oculus SOFTWARE making my mouse freeze each two seconds — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus SOFTWARE making my mouse freeze each two seconds

LiarusLiarus Posts: 7
NerveGear
Hello , so i have a problem that started occuring after the last oculus update , now each time i try to open my oculus software , my mouse starts freezing each two seconds , i honestly have no clue what causes this , i tried lowering my pooling rate , but nothing changed , im also checking my CPU / GPU usage  , and everything is looking fine , i just don't know why , but the oculus software only does this to my mouse , here's a video of it :

Thanks for any help !

Comments

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,669 Valuable Player
    This was happening to me and with my wireless keyboard as well...until I removed the Xbox One controller wireless adapter that came with the original Rift package.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • LiarusLiarus Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Well i do have an Xbox controller but it's a wired one and it's unplugged so probably no this .
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    If using any nouse software uninstall it and use Windows own. Likely the hardware is conflicting from the major  Update of Windows which should tell you only to have a keyboard & mouse attached to perform such before you add anything else again. I use a Razer Mamba Mouse and I always hated the constant updates plus it signs you in online thus taking some extra time after any boot up. I get good results with the standard Windows Drivers and do not play around with DPI Settings to need other.
    NerveGear
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    If using any nouse software uninstall it and use Windows own. Likely the hardware is conflicting from the major  Update of Windows which should tell you only to have a keyboard & mouse attached to perform such before you add anything else again. I use a Razer Mamba Mouse and I always hated the constant updates plus it signs you in online thus taking some extra time after any boot up. I get good results with the standard Windows Drivers and do not play around with DPI Settings to need other.
    I also tried , same issue sadly :/
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    It's a hardware conflict usually with this issue. If using a Soundcard be sure to disable Onboard Sound in Bios. If not using any Drivers then Uninstall from Apps & Features e.g. Nvidia's 3D; Audio; Experience; Update plus any Monitor that does not require Sound set to Disable in Device Manager. For any other devices attached then go through each 1 by 1 to add them in turn. You may be able to cure this by switching some of the USB slots around to reset their IRQs, again 1 by 1 and reboot after each with 10secs before starting again. Check if you do have the correct Drivers for stuff and is the correct 32bit or 64bit versions. Old Drivers can transfer between Windows Updates but the latest may have a better Driver itself than old ones used e.g. for Webcams. Search yourself for latest Soundcard Driver rather than let Windows do it. Don't be messing around lots with your gpu Drivers as the fewer messing the better.
    NerveGear
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    It's a hardware conflict usually with this issue. If using a Soundcard be sure to disable Onboard Sound in Bios. If not using any Drivers then Uninstall from Apps & Features e.g. Nvidia's 3D; Audio; Experience; Update plus any Monitor that does not require Sound set to Disable in Device Manager. For any other devices attached then go through each 1 by 1 to add them in turn. You may be able to cure this by switching some of the USB slots around to reset their IRQs, again 1 by 1 and reboot after each with 10secs before starting again. Check if you do have the correct Drivers for stuff and is the correct 32bit or 64bit versions. Old Drivers can transfer between Windows Updates but the latest may have a better Driver itself than old ones used e.g. for Webcams. Search yourself for latest Soundcard Driver rather than let Windows do it. Don't be messing around lots with your gpu Drivers as the fewer messing the better.
    i tried most of those already tho not all , i will and check back later in here , thanks
    NerveGear
    Well updating this post again , i guess i will contact oculus support none of those worked , i even reainstalled windows
  • TheDude1179TheDude1179 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    did you ever find a solution for this problem? Struggling with it myself right now
    NerveGear
    did you ever find a solution for this problem? Struggling with it myself right now
    Oh yeah , i should have updated this topic , i did find my problem

Weirdly this was caused by an extra screen plugged in my graphics card using a Display port to VGA adapter , i removed the adapter , enabled my onboard graphics and plugged my second monitor there instead

The config im running is an I7 6700 and an RX480

Maybe you have the same problem who knows !
  • Remmer_GRemmer_G Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    Try turning on Pointer Trails. 
    Yeah, I know it's stupid, but it has solved the problem for me in similar scenarios, and is at least worth a try.
    If you set the trail to the shortest possible it's pretty unnoticeable.

In Settings go to Mouse / Additional Mouse Options / Pointer Options tab and set "Display Pointer Trails"

• Reaper7799Reaper7799 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited August 13
    Remmer_G said:
    Try turning on Pointer Trails. 
    Yeah, I know it's stupid, but it has solved the problem for me in similar scenarios, and is at least worth a try.
    If you set the trail to the shortest possible it's pretty unnoticeable.

In Settings go to Mouse / Additional Mouse Options / Pointer Options tab and set "Display Pointer Trails"

Thanks, for the moment at least.  Very weird, this just started happening to me yesterday...didn't know what it was at first, tried repair oculus software and it reinstalled everything but I was still getting these mouse freezes with erratic movement on the desktop and it was freezing every two seconds in the headset too.  Only when oculus software was turned on.  It's not my cpu or gpu at all, or drivers.  I didn't change anything hardware wise or setting wise, it just came out of nowhere. 

Turning on pointer trails has worked initially, I'll test it out over the next week or so.  I wonder what the cause of this is though?  Thanks.