cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games and app will not install on oculus app

Anonymous
Not applicable
For 2 months now the oculus app will not let me download anything from the store. A notification pops up and says    "(game) couldn't download. please check your internet connection and try again, or visit Oculus Support". But i have an internet connection and i cant find anything to help me solve this, i have tried to repair the app and reinstall it multiple times and it is not working. I don't know how to fix this and I can't find anything to help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cybereality
Grand Champion
That could be an anti-virus conflict. Can you try temporarily disabling anti-virus. Also, be sure your game library folder is NOT in C:/Program Files, or any other restricted folder. Something like E:/RiftGames.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
That could be an anti-virus conflict. Can you try temporarily disabling anti-virus. Also, be sure your game library folder is NOT in C:/Program Files, or any other restricted folder. Something like E:/RiftGames.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
thx man that actually helped, i remember what i did wrong when i got my new SSD i made the library folder as just "F:\" thinking that it will create a new folder for it ,then i just made new file called RiftGames and changed that to the default Library location and it worked straight away. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome! So glad I could help.

Gafuba
Honored Guest
I have tried what Nutmeg did and i have looked up how to fix it but i cant manage to do it?Some apps will install but some like "The Climb" just wont work?

same here, no fix , since THREE months.

please fix it now...