New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Anyone figured out what that secret new item is in Home 2.0 v 1.27?

LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,851 Volunteer Moderator
Release notes mention:
  • Home:
    • There's an uncommon item in Home that now supports a sneak preview of an upcoming feature inspired by the community.

Has anyone figured out what the object is yet?

Also, has anyone noticed the Re-size handles on all object now!, they're not working yet, but OMG being able to scale objects is going to be friggin amazing.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)

Comments

• MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,249 Poster of the Week
    I haven't opened boxes in weeks...……. maybe I should get on that.
    WAAAGH!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 4,878 Power Poster
    nalex66 said:
    It's the CRT monitor. You can now pin some apps or windows to it's screen (it should work if you already had one, but I haven't tested it yet).

Beat me to it! :D

I think it's about fucking time that they gave us free locomotion ffs. :/
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

nalex66 said:
    It's the CRT monitor. You can now pin some apps or windows to it's screen (it should work if you already had one, but I haven't tested it yet).

Well poop.

I just unlocked all of my boxes and got a few constellation rugs.

The constellation looks similar to the Taurus Auriga constellation groups.

With Auriga being the charioteer I was hoping for a Roman colosseum Home.

WAAAGH!
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 292
    Nexus 6
    The monitor allows you to embed selected apps, mine is showing Oculus Desktop currently - something different and fun!
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,987
    3Jane
    i have a question about home:

how do you change the picture that shows up behind your profile? i noticed mine looks like a screenshot from my home space, but i have no clue how i took it
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • MonstaahMonstaah Posts: 143
    Art3mis
    danknugz said:

how do you change the picture that shows up behind your profile? i noticed mine looks like a screenshot from my home space, but i have no clue how i took it

I'm pretty sure it's a snapshot from your entry point position mate..
    PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
    oooh it even has lights!! =)
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,102
    Wintermute
    I am pretty sure that I’ve got it. It’s  huge and out of this world. @LZoltowski
    go and see it in my main home room. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 11,545 Power Poster
    Digikid1 said:
    I am pretty sure that I’ve got it. It’s  huge and out of this world. @LZoltowski

Actually, your specimen is rare item from an update several months ago. Still awesome cool, but it's not from this recent update. I think nalex got it right though with the updated TV's.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,273 Valuable Player
    Morgrum said:
    I haven't opened boxes in weeks...……. maybe I should get on that.
    Is there a way to bulk open? I find it tedious after a while and it takes ages
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • PabbertPabbert Posts: 220
    Nexus 6
    Wow I never realised what a GPU hog home is. Idle in home afterburner gpu usage is at 60-70%. Playing Skyrim in VR it drops back down to 30%.

Steam VR home space has me running up to 80%! (ss set at 1.8)

Is this normal? btw I have a 1080ti 
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,851 Volunteer Moderator
    Digikid1 said:
    Oooooooo matron, I will check out your huge "specimen" when I'm back from Jurassic World, about to go and see it .. 

face williams GIF
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

danknugz said:

Yeah, I wondered that myself, turn out it's a snapshot of your default home at the point of entry. You can change that point in the menu in Home 2.0

Digikid1 said:
    Oooooooo matron, I will check out your huge "specimen" when I'm back from Jurassic World, about to go and see it .. 

face williams GIF
    Ooooooo let us know what you think wothout spoilers please.
    Stuck working weekends and nights at that.
    WAAAGH!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 4,878 Power Poster
    Carry On films were awesome back in the day  :D

But with all of the snowflakes we have around these days they probably wouldn't be allowed. :o :(
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 447
    Trinity
    Im fkn surprised that the fkn snowflakes haven't banned VIZ... cos back in the day it was the ULTIMATE lads mag
    Pabbert said:
    Wow I never realised what a GPU hog home is. Idle in home afterburner gpu usage is at 60-70%. Playing Skyrim in VR it drops back down to 30%.

Steam VR home space has me running up to 80%! (ss set at 1.8)

Is this normal? btw I have a 1080ti 
    You shouldn't have Afterburner on at all while in VR, Afterburner or any other GPU tweaker poll the GPU for info like crazy all the time and can cause latency issues in VR.

Wintermute
    So I believe that I already have the CRT monitor on my home.....but how do I config it to put a window on it?
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,349 Poster of the Week
    Awesome, i suggested that feature a while back, though i imagine others must have as well for them to actually make it happen. :)

Hope i find the requisite item next time i log in on the PC client... I've been mobile-only for a few weeks now ;)
    The next nerd to cry about "the resolution" of top-of-the-line VR devices will be permanently banned from using ALL standard-definition media.  And yes, that includes all pre-Switch Nintendo games. Especially Melee.
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 292
    Nexus 6
    edited June 12
    Digikid1 said:
    So I believe that I already have the CRT monitor on my home.....but how do I config it to put a window on it?
    Click on the Oculus symbol on the monitor screen and it will give the option, it only seems to be set for the session you are in, returning another time (after exiting Oculus software) gave me a blank screen ready to load up again.

Few choices what it will display though.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
    Wintermute
    I’ve looked all over my CRT and there is no Oculus logo anywhere on it. 
    Digikid1 said:
    I’ve looked all over my CRT and there is no Oculus logo anywhere on it. 
    Sucker! You need to buy a better TV ... 

Joking aside, it's a neat feature until it breaks and it displays an orange circle with an exclamation mark.