New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

can we use other batteries with the controller

kevinwarhaftkevinwarhaft Posts: 15
NerveGear
if the batterie runs out can we use other ones with the controller 
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• FailrunnerFailrunner Posts: 160
    Art3mis
    You actually have to throw the controller out and buy a new one if the batteries die. Lol. =)
  • TopTexTopTex Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    A Duracell will give you around 2850mah so will last a bit longer than the rechargeables is you don't care about cost and waste but just longevity.
  • voxelmaniamvoxelmaniam Posts: 126
    Art3mis
    The Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA Battery in my controller still indicates 100% after nearly a month of 2.5 hour nightly use.
    A voxel is a three dimensional pixel!
    Murray Foster
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 705
    3Jane
    Im using Power Ultra Alkaline AA batteries.
     Have changed them once during the 9 months that Ive had my rift. ( After the burner batteries thats included with the rift was teared down to offcourse ).

At first I wanted to get rechargable batteries, but these last forever, so changed my mind.
    Be good, die great !
  • kevinwarhaftkevinwarhaft Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    ive had my oculus go since may 26 2018 and the battery is at 50% in the controller 
  • Bandit-NLBandit-NL Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    The white Ladda batteries from Ikea are exactly the same as the Eneloop Pro's and they around 6 bucks for 4. Spread the word!
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 3,912 Valuable Player

I've heard stories about Laddas being alternatively labelled Eneloop Pros. If so, they must have gotten one sweet deal from Panasonic. Certainly worth investigating.

I've always been kind of put off buying anything electrical from Ikea as they're lighting products are not so good.

Gateway 2000, Pentium II 300 Mhz CPU, 64Mb RAM, STB Velocity 128 AGP Graphics Card with 4MB SGRAM, 6.4Gb Hard Drive, US Robotics 56.5kbps Internal Modem, 12/24x CDROM Drive, Ensoniq AudioPCI, Windows 95.
  • Bandit-NLBandit-NL Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Just google Ladda. They perform the same as the Pro's and they come from the same factory. Good enough for me!
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 3,912 Valuable Player
    I think it's fair to say there's strong speculation that they're from the sane factory, I doubt Anyone from Panasonic is going to confirm it. I'd never take Google as Gospel, some people even claiming that Ladies out-perform Enveloop! I'd probably just settle for saying there's a good chance of them being the same.
    Gateway 2000, Pentium II 300 Mhz CPU, 64Mb RAM, STB Velocity 128 AGP Graphics Card with 4MB SGRAM, 6.4Gb Hard Drive, US Robotics 56.5kbps Internal Modem, 12/24x CDROM Drive, Ensoniq AudioPCI, Windows 95.