New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

MY OCULUS GO IS BRICKED!

VR_ASSAULTVR_ASSAULT Posts: 1
NerveGear
ive used it for 2 days and now it wont turn on. the light on the headset wont turn on when its connected to the charger. im using the original charger.

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 4,884 Volunteer Moderator
    ive used it for 2 days and now it wont turn on. the light on the headset wont turn on when its connected to the charger. im using the original charger.
    Tried holding the power button on top for a good 20 seconds?
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • geebee666geebee666 Posts: 145
    Art3mis
    If it has been fully drained so that it has turned off it will not switch the LED on until about 60% charged.
    Charge for a few hours at least and then check, I would also use the charger to power something else to check it is ok.
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,281 Valuable Player
    Two days?  I'd try what geebee666 said and charge it back up over 60%.  If it doesn't turn back on, take it back to the store, it should still be returnable with the receipt if it's really only two days old.  Even the least accommodating give you about 7 days to return an item. 
  • OsoroshiiOsoroshii Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    I had the exact same thing happen to my Headset and after holding down the minus volume and power button down it turned back on and has been fine ever since.
  • furtinfurtin Posts: 90
    Brain Burst
    edited June 14
    Same problem here! Holding down whichever button combo sadly didnt work for me! I was installing a few games and removed the headset while it happened. The device worked fine with a couple of Apps. Bought it new a couple of days ago but from ebay, so there is that ...

Anyone with a suggestion?!

edit: I dont even know if its charging. I have it plugged in but nothing happens.

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel."
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 24,925 Oculus Staff
    Can you try holding the power button down for around 20 seconds? This can force a shut down. Are you using the cable and charger that came with the unit?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Brain Burst
    Hello. I just went through all possibilities with the support via live chat. I guess there is no hope and the unit is broken/locked up or something. And yes, I tried to reset the device several times but it just stays dark. The hmd came without charger. I used a samsung charger that has exactly the required specs. The LED stays dark, even when connected to a laptop ...
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 24,925 Oculus Staff
    Yeah, it may be that the hardware has stopped working.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • desivdesiv Posts: 96
    Hiro Protagonist
    furtin said:
    The hmd came without charger. I used a samsung charger that has exactly the required specs.
    I would wonder about your ebay seller then.  You said you bought it new, but new it comes with a charger.
    Wonder if they sold you a used (possibly quirky) one...
    Hmmm
    Good luck..
    desiv said:
    furtin said:
    The hmd came without charger. I used a samsung charger that has exactly the required specs.
    I would wonder about your ebay seller then.  You said you bought it new, but new it comes with a charger.
    Hmmm
    Good luck..
    Only Oculus GO's sold in the US have a charger, rest of the world does not have one included.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• desivdesiv Posts: 96
    Hiro Protagonist
    Only Oculus GO's sold in the US have a charger, rest of the world does not have one included.
    Oh!!  For some reason I thought they came with one, but it was the US one.
    I think I was watching a vid of an import one tho, now that I think about it...

Thanx!
    desiv said:
    Oh!!  For some reason I thought they came with one, but it was the US one.
    I think I was watching a vid of an import one tho, now that I think about it...

Thanx!
    No worries :)

Brain Burst
    desiv said:
    furtin said:
    Hmmm
    Good luck..
    Nah, its all new really. EU is left without charger ...
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,032 Poster of the Week
    It is odd that Oculus chose to not include the charger.   There are heaps of other international devices that include 110-240v wall warts with interchangeable plugs, if they don't want to just have a handful of the types of plugs they'd need.

But then, USB power supplies like that are very common, and if you need a smart phone you'll have that should work.  I have at least 12 around, if you count the USB ports on laptops and PCs