New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Bethesda bring Blades to VR

Atmos73Atmos73 Posts: 3,128 Valuable Player
DK2 owner - Vive owner - Pimax 8k backer - Waiting for Knuckles on Valve time.

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,258 Volunteer Moderator
    Nice one! Looking forward to this one. Hope the combat is much more improved, over Skyrim VR.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,336 Valuable Player
    free as well?  sounds interesing
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    It could be "freemium" ... with microtransactions, I do hope it's not. 
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

edited June 11
    i dunno... it depends.  WarFrame and WarThunder have convinced me that F2P can work and be very playable even without spending a penny.

after putting in over 100hrs into warthunder however i had no issue chucking in £15 as a thanks to the devs.

better "owning" the model and doing it fairly imo than charging full bubble and STILL having F2P style lootboxes as well ontop
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 712
    3Jane
    edited June 11

A few screenshots for the hungry ..

And the reveal video:

Be good, die great !
  • Atmos73Atmos73 Posts: 3,128 Valuable Player
    Bethesda say you can combat some one on PCVR from an IPhone X
    DK2 owner - Vive owner - Pimax 8k backer - Waiting for Knuckles on Valve time.
    is this MP only or is it 1 player content with optional MP?
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,099 Power Poster
    Meh. Whilst it's great that Bethesda are continuing to produce VR content it isn't Elder Scrolls VI. It's basically a mobile game ported to PC VR.

Did they say anything about Elder Scrolls VI at all? I know they announced it during Microsoft's conference so I'm guessing it's a timed exclusive for the Xbox.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,563 Valuable Player

You know it will be.  Free games are more expensive than the games you used to buy on the shelf.  I'd bet you can't find a development studio that isn't indie these days that doesn't have a  plan to milk as much money out of people using their pay to win method via micro transactions.  Ask one to just make a game to release and no updates, or micro transactions and they'd probably be appalled that you expect them to wait until the game is playable and not in "early access" before they could sell it to you with promises to have all these "features" added in over a timeframe when it is really an incomplete turd and those "features" are basic functions of the game.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,079
    Wintermute
    After the awesomeness of a full Skyrim VR I don't know how this mobile game port can be any good.
    MowTin said:
    After the awesomeness of a full Skyrim VR I don't know how this mobile game port can be any good.

Yup. My thoughts exactly.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

MowTin said:
    Perhaps the mele will be a lot more fun, mele in Skyrim VR is super bad ...

Wintermute
    edited June 11
    MowTin said:
    Perhaps the mele will be a lot more fun, mele in Skyrim VR is super bad ...
    But if VR players can play with mobile gamers then it's limited to what can be done on a phone. 

I guess slashing can now cause the proper body part damage based on the angle. But blocking will still have to be simple toggle based on raising your shield. 

It would be great if you could have a proper sword fight with NPCs.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,790 Valuable Player
    edited June 11
    Did you put the Chilli Con Carnage in the fridge or leave it on the side for a couple of days. Sounds like you have food poisoning. Hope you keep reaching the toilet in time. Completely off topic, but I followed through once after drinking 4 cans of Bitter. 
    Yup, the Chilli Con Carnage was fine, very tasty. I don't think the Bran Flakes I had for my breakfast helped though lol :D :D :D

Must be a sucker for punishment. Can I suggest a tin of Baked beans for supper..
    edited June 11
    Actually I often put baked beans into my Chilli. I decided not to this time because I made it a little hotter than usual. :D

I make a mean Chilli, taught to me by my Texan friend, takes HOURS of slow cooking the beef .. but it's ducking amazing.

Wintermute
    What game has the best melee mechanics? It seems that getting this right is still a challenge in VR. 

One real issue is that melee weapons have weight. You can just wing them around like they're weightless. How do you handle that in VR? 

Also, how do you do proper stabbing? I think your sword should get stuck in the body and you should have to grab it to remove it. Same for an ax to the head etc. 

Has any game figured it out?
    edited June 11
    I make a mean Chilli, taught to me by my Texan friend, takes HOURS of slow cooking the beef .. but it's ducking amazing.

Beef takes forever to cook to get it nice and tender. I learnt that when I was cooking a stew and accidentally left the pan on for 24 hours. The beef was nice but the veg was like mashed potato..
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 11,994 Power Poster
    edited June 11

Us Texans know how to make some serious chill, as passed down from American's favorite family...

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,466
    Wintermute
    edited June 12
    I think this is the least excited I have been for a Bethesda title. Yippee do a mobile game that looks like Skyrim.

Really pushing the boundaries. Queue guy on stage desperately trying to make using your thumbs on a phone to kill a skeleton look exciting.

I want to hear they are working on a next gen multiplayer VR Skyrim and not a VR add on for that pile of pants, Elder Scrolls online.
  • PabbertPabbert Posts: 222
    Nexus 6
    I`m intrigued by the fact they want to push it out to as many formats as possible. Could be the groundwork for something great. Nothing to loose playing a free game.
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 978 Poster of the Week
    Zenbane said:

Us Texans know how to make some serious chill, as passed down from American's favorite family...

I got bitten by the BBQ bug about 2 years ago; bought an offset and have been causing havok amongst the bovine/porcine population every since - there's been a bit of a surge in low and slow here in Australia
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 11,994 Power Poster
    Beer Can Chicken is my absolute favorite thing to BBQ. I make a killer version. Highly recommended. PM me for recipes!

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • MonstaahMonstaah Posts: 143
    Art3mis
    edited June 12
    MowTin said:
    RedRizla said:
    Beef takes forever to cook to get it nice and tender. I learnt that when I was cooking a stew and accidentally left the pan on for 24 hours. The beef was nice but the veg was like mashed potato..
    I don't see the point of cooking in skyrim :smile:

Ooh mate, you've been missing out, veggie soup and venison stew give a steady heal over time. They used to stack (don't know if they do anymore) so were great for just a lil extra to get you out of trouble..lol

But in all seriousness, I wholeheartedly agree with Pabbert, that there's nothin' to lose in giving Blades a whirl and i'll be there with bells on. i'm sure it'll likely be a let down, but i'll be hoping all the way up to me getting my grubby lil mitts on it..
    PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
    oooh it even has lights!! =)
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,498 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    Did you put the Chilli Con Carnage in the fridge or leave it on the side for a couple of days. Sounds like you have food poisoning. Hope you keep reaching the toilet in time. Completely off topic, but I followed through once after drinking 4 cans of Bitter. 

• danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,987
    3Jane
    procedurally generates aka “were too lazy to make dungeons by hand”

welp, bored of this game already.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?