New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Moss Is The Best 3rd Person Adventure Game In VR I Have Played Yet! First 20 Minutes of Game Play

vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 284
Nexus 6

Friday night I got a chance to sit down and play Moss and needless to say the rest of my weekend disappeared! I am absolutely loving everything about this game.... Polyarc has created a masterpiece title in VR with Moss!

As described by the developers, Moss is a single-player action-adventure puzzle game and new IP from Polyarc tailor-made for the VR platform. It takes classic components of a great game—such as compelling characters, gripping combat, and captivating world exploration—and combines them with the exciting opportunities of virtual reality.

In Moss, players meet Quill, a young mouse with dreams of greatness beyond the confines of her settlement. While exploring the woods, she finds a mysterious piece of glass and an ancient magic is awakened. With her uncle now in grave danger, Quill must embark on an epic journey—and she needs you there by her side. Together, you'll travel to forgotten realms, solve challenging puzzles, and battle menacing enemies. Alone, no one can conquer what you're up against. But united, you just may defeat even the darkest of villains.

Overall I can't get enough of Moss and I can't wait to see what Polyarc brings to the table next! Moss is one of those rare titles for me that has recaptured that sense of child like wonder and awe that I felt so many years ago playing the Legend of Zelda games and to me that is priceless!
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

Comments

• kilobulbkilobulb Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    I've only played an hour so of this but it does seem really special. I hope we see more experimentation along these lines rather than just first person perspective games. It would interesting to see what could be done with traditionally isometric and top down games as well.
  • DeadlyJoeDeadlyJoe Posts: 775
    3Jane
    edited June 2018
    I finished it last night. Wow <with mouth agape; possibly some drool>.

The quality of art and computer science that went into this game is simply outstanding. Not to mention the game itself and the incredibly good controls. Few games touch the artistic quality of Moss, fewer games than that approach the quality of the controls and the compelling gameplay. Polyarc basically apexed with their first game. I seriously can't wait to see what they do next.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,877 Valuable Player
    This is high on my "must buy list." I almost bought the PSVR just to play it. The only thing that stopped me is that a buddy who does own PSVR said that Moss is a short experience. It would have been smarter to just play it on a friends system. But now I get to own it on my Rift. woohoo!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,646 Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2018
    It's like being inside an animated Pixar movie, that is the level of design we are talking about here. Gorgeous fairytale. Well worth a play.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,646 Volunteer Moderator
    The character that is you reminds me of No Face from spirited away.

Image result for no face
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,162
    Wintermute
    *sigh* I'm overloaded with games. 

Echo Combat is just awesome. Skyrim is an addiction. I have my Project 2 and IL-2 habits to maintain. Star Trek Bridge Crew is about to release the DLC that will include the borg so I need to sharpen up my skills. 

Nope, I refuse to be tempted. It will just have to wait at least until I'm done with Skyrim VR.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,877 Valuable Player
    MowTin said:
    It will just have to wait at least until I'm done with Skyrim VR.

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane