I made Jerry Seinfeld's apartment for Oculus Rift! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I made Jerry Seinfeld's apartment for Oculus Rift!

GuybrushGuybrush Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Oculus Share
So I decided to finally put my Unity Pro Trial to use. I wanted something to introduce me gradually, that didn't have too many "moving parts." So I made Jerry Seinfeld's apartment from the show!

http://jerrysplacevr.com/

Enjoy this demo about nothing! :D

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Awesome man!
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • PeejlePeejle Posts: 412
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks for this. Amazing attention to detail.

Peejle
  • shanecolbertshanecolbert Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    It's a virtual room about nothing. :D
    Did you say to yourself... everyone is doing something, lets do nothing! ;) haha
    So keen to check this out when I finish work tonight.
  • The app crashes on me on startup. :(

I'm using the mac version..
  • No worries, had to unzip using Archive Utility and then approve unsigned dev permissions.
  • its cool, the '4th wall' strangely creeps me out a little though, it feels strange seeing it from the inside..
  • GanjaroachGanjaroach Posts: 449
    Hiro Protagonist

This was a surreal experience, to be able to walk around the apartment and see it from a different view was really neat. Looking at the back wall was really crazy since it is never shown in the show, I kept expecting Kramer to bust through the door at any second. Do you plan on expanding on this in the future, it would be cool to see the hall way and Kramer's apartment or maybe the restaurant.