cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you control Oculus GO from an external source?

maeve_power_52
Honored Guest
Hi! 
I was wondering if it is possible to build an Oculus GO app (a simple 360 viewer) and be able to change the 360 images via an external app on a phone or tablet? And if yes, would it be complicated?

Bit of back story!
I am developing a business plan for a college project that focuses on using VR as a sales tool. It is important that the sales person controls the changing environment so that they can take the customer on an immersive journey and the customer is not distracted with trying to figure out how the tech works. 
I am a complete novice when it comes to the technology side so I though this would be a good place to ask, just to make sure that the idea is even possible to create.

Thanks,
Maeve
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are already such solutions for video and still 360 images. Check http://showtimevr.eu/
Can't link directly to oculus store cause the player app is on key distribution only. You can get a free trial.

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are already such solutions for video and still 360 images. Check http://showtimevr.eu/
Can't link directly to oculus store cause the player app is on key distribution only. You can get a free trial.

Bay3D
Honored Guest
Hey maeve.power.52 said:

Hi! 
I was wondering if it is possible to build an Oculus GO app (a simple 360 viewer) and be able to change the 360 images via an external app on a phone or tablet? And if yes, would it be complicated?

Bit of back story!
I am developing a business plan for a college project that focuses on using VR as a sales tool. It is important that the sales person controls the changing environment so that they can take the customer on an immersive journey and the customer is not distracted with trying to figure out how the tech works. 
I am a complete novice when it comes to the technology side so I though this would be a good place to ask, just to make sure that the idea is even possible to create.

Thanks,
Maeve

Hey maeve,
I have a need for something very similar in a project Im working on. Android tablet controlling an Oculus Go experience. Just wondering if you found a solution for this in the end..? Interested to know if its possible!
Thanks