New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

What Age Group Are You?

Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,379 Valuable Player
Interested after hearing a few people over the past 4 years say things like "hurry up and release before it's too late".

What Age Group Are You? 88 votes

0 - 30
19% 17 votes
30 - 60
69% 61 votes
60 +
11% 10 votes

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 4,581 Volunteer Moderator
    Mine is at hospital with me whilst I get my hip replaced and new knees and dentures fitted ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator is coming !!!!! (In Beta)
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 279
    Nexus 6
    Techy111 said:
    Mine is at hospital with me whilst I get my hip replaced and new knees and dentures fitted ;)
    Great idea, except the doctors & nurses will be able to creep up on you undetected...
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,379 Valuable Player
    RattyUK said:
    Techy111 said:
    Great idea, except the doctors & nurses will be able to creep up on you undetected...

I thought he was talking about his zimmer frame!
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 279
    Nexus 6
    RattyUK said:
    Techy111 said:

I thought he was talking about his zimmer frame!
    You know what it's like - I've a one track mind... Rift :blush:

PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,371
    Project 2501
    60+ for me.. ugh. And certainly feeling every bit of it.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • RavengerRavenger Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    52 here. I've been gaming since the Pong and arcade game days, right through the home micro era with the ZX81 and Commodore 64, then to an Amiga 1000, and onto PC ever since. It's been a wild ride and absolutely amazing to be there from the start, and to now experience VR when it's just starting to find its feet.

I've been finding gaming is getting pretty stale recently with most of the AAA games looking and feeling very similar. I love VR because it's like going back in time to when everything was new and we were discovering what works and what doesn't in video games. Every day brings a new experience or a new technique. Exciting times!
    We do now  :D
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 4,700 Power Poster
    Bloody hell, completely forgot about Pong!!! That's what I started on before we got the 2600!
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 157
    Art3mis
    53 here, and I started with pong too

Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

• DTHDTH Posts: 170
    Art3mis
    It's nice to know  I'm not alone.  60+ and keeping my Rift a secret because my family will think I lost my mind. 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 4,700 Power Poster
    DTH said:
    It's nice to know  I'm not alone.  60+ and keeping my Rift a secret because my family will think I lost my mind. 

I'm okay as far as that goes. My family knows full well that that ship sailed A LONG time ago lol :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 3,736 Valuable Player
    Yes, I'm in one of those groups.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1803 (17134.165)
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 3,736 Valuable Player
    DTH said:

Flaunt it DTH... flaunt it
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1803 (17134.165)
  • ruperttrooperruperttrooper Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    The feeling when you're 1 year over 30.... :dizzy:
  • kernowkernow Posts: 719
    Trinity
    RattyUK said:
    More action than I have seen in years... I'll take what I can get.
  • kernowkernow Posts: 719
    Trinity
    RattyUK said:
    I've got the sensors mounted on my Zimmer frame :p
    I'm learning something new everyday. TIL a "zimmer frame" is what they call walkers in the UK. :) Now I'll be better prepared the next time I visit.
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 1,254
    Wintermute
    I'm 65 and own the rift, Playstation vr and the go. I hope I'm here when ready player one happens.

• DTHDTH Posts: 170
    Art3mis
    I hope I'm around for a lest 10+  They will make leps and bounds like they did with TV, radio and 45's
  • WreckLuse68WreckLuse68 Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    edited June 14
    50 here and I would like to raise a glass to all the old die hards...game on guys!
    (My first 'real' computer was a Dragon32 btw...it was where I learned to program BASIC as a kid lol)
    When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 151
    Art3mis
    Wow, we are an aged bunch! 
    I'm 47 this week! had my rift since last september and loving it.

I too feel like I did at the beginning when I got my spectrum 48K! and started my love of computer gaming!

I went through the stages of Spectrum 48k, BBC Micro, Amiga 500, Amiga 1200, PC 286, PC 386, PC 486, Pentium, Core I7, Xbox, Playstation, Wii, 3Box 360, XBox One! 

When I look back, I've spent a small fortune!!
    Now I only really use the Rift at any and every opportunity.  Did 4 hours in "In Death" last night!!

Our Lass says she is a "Rift Widow", as I tend to crawl into bed just as she is getting up!!
    Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,379 Valuable Player
    I wonder if cost has something to do with it?

Also, awareness that VR is a thing, i know there might be the odd advert out there now but to really read about it you have to read in depth articles, or watch 30+ minute videos from Tested to know that it isn't perfect and you have to do a little work to get it up and running successfully.  18 year olds don't do that.
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 1,678
    Project 2501
    edited June 14
    I was just about to say we are the only ones who can afford it ;)

(needless to say.... edited for spellling)
    I'm an old duffer - give me a break!

I'm 53 in 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure my 4 year old and 1 year old make me feel as old as fuck  :D
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 1,254
    Wintermute
    You guys in your 40s are babies. You will be here when a headset is as light and small as glasses. I'll be gone or on my way out.