New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

How to Load Oculus Software on a Different Drive

I've tried all the methods I've found online to move Oculus to my D: drive.  Using command prompt is not working.  Is there a way to transfer the files from my C: drive to my D: drive and have it still work?  I don't have enough free space on my C: drive for updates.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 483
    Trinity
    I think the easiest way would be to uninstall the oculus app then reinstall it.  When you reinstall it there is an option to select the drive you want it to go to.  Actually I think when I installed my oculus app it sensed that my c drive was getting full and suggested my d drive.

I’m not sure but I think you may need to delete all your oculus games, maybe all oculus folders before reinstalling the oculus app, then download them all after.

Don’t know if there is an easier way but this procedure should work.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 643
    Neo
    If you have enough space on C to keep the Oculus App Software, you can move the games etc to another drive from within the Desktop App.

In Settings, General, "Library Locations" -> "Edit" ..........

You can add another Storage Location. Then you can move each of your Games/Apps to that location from your Library.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,632
    Project 2501
    Richooal said:
    If you have enough space on C to keep the Oculus App Software, you can move the games etc to another drive from within the Desktop App.

In Settings, General, "Library Locations" -> "Edit" ..........

You can add another Storage Location. Then you can move each of your Games/Apps to that location from your Library.
    Yep this and it works quite well.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB | I7 [email protected] GHz | EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals |
    Trinity
    edited June 13
    Pretty sure you need to reinstal to get your oculus desktop app in a diff directory.  
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 643
    Neo
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Pretty sure you need to reinstal to get your oculus desktop app in a diff directory.  

Yes, to have everything on a different drive you do, but you also have to download everything again.

The point is that if C is okay with the Oculus app (no games etc.), then you can just move the games and avoid having to download everything. Also your save games are kept without having to back them up.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    Trinity
    Thanks, good to know,