New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Saving 3D Images Left and Right Settings

RobProPhotoRobProPhoto Posts: 1
NerveGear
I have captured a left eye image, and a right eye image. I am familiar with the old .sbsl .sbsr and .sbs technique... however I am having a problem getting oculus go to even recognize the image.

As I said, I have a left eye image and a right eye image. I want to view it in 3d with my oculus go. What should I do in terms of resolution/cropping, saving and exporting to get to the oculus go.

Thank You,

Comments

• RoasterRoaster Posts: 1,050
    3Jane
    edited June 13
    I manually stitch the seperate images into one half-side-by-side and view them with SamsungVR movie player.
    It's laborious, but I think someone said StereoPhotoMaker can do it.
    I use Corel PhotoPaint to manipulate the images, because I've been using it for so long.
    i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu
  • fisherrofisherro Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    It is weird to me that none of the built-in Oculus apps can view .mpo images or even sbs images. I'm having to convert all my .mpo files into sbs and even then I can only view them in the Samsung VR app.

Sharing my 3d photos with friends in Oculus Rooms seemed like something ought to have been supported.